106 - Sounds of Success

Manik was sitting lost in his balcony, Nandini strolled to him and scoped on his lap snaking her hands around his neck.

"Lost baby!" She smiled pulling his cheek playfully.

"Your invention was ready to go for patents. once they are approved by FDA we gonna start full-swing manufacturing and marketing them. Your formula and this drug both are unique. I'm still wondering how you got such an idea. Pythons!" Manik asked still overthinking.

"I did search for something else too. You will find it right time. So how long it may take"

"Six months to years depends but already we cleared the clinical version we can go ahead faster and your formula can get approval within six months. Until this world hears your victory you will not step out of this mansion. Am I clear? No arguments. You should be in house arrest with my full security."

"If I say no! "

"I will stop your formula"

"I can try alone"

"I will drink that formula then" Manik gave a cold warning that Nandini Jumped out closing his mouth with her palm.

"I was just kidding" she utmost cried.

"But I'm serious you should be safe, it's my only motive"

"I will do anything you say"

"Good, I will get our agreement ready as well. How much remuneration you are expecting? "

"Anything I deserve mostly you are attention" Nandini giggled kissing his cheek.

Next day,

Manik showed up with a heavy file of documents and asked her to read and sign a total of twenty signatures. Nandini just took the pen from Jack and was ready to sign them not even looking at heading.

"I said read and sign. Don't you want to know what it has!" Manik tried to be a little fair.

"When I'm yours what is the need of these papers? Just formality go take them and use them as you like." Nandini said confidently signing all the papers one by one.

"Read titles atleast. you will know what it is!" Jack added looked at Manik.

"Its ok bro, I'm so tired now. Let's finish it we can in anger gritting his teeth. Manik just smiled in joy.

Soon she closed the file and handed him. Manik once again cross-checked all her signatures and went away with the file. Jack ran behind stopping him in the middle.

"It wasn't fair, you should tell her atleast" Jack complained.

"I told her to read before,  it's her fault"

"Still how can you do this to her? Doesn't she deserves to know this? It's her life dammit. Why always you play with her emotions? Doesn't she have the right to decide her life? How can you always ruin her happiness?" Jack threw all his anger. 

"I understand, but this is needed to happen. Go give these documents to our lawyer and tell him to get all registered. I want that certificate as soon as possible."

"Such a creep you are will any idiot marry this way? Even your bride didn't know that she got married in seconds?" Jack shouted more frustrated that Manik got panic thinking someone will hear. He pressed his hand on Jack's mouth holding his anger.