48- Realisation

48- Realisation

Manik returned to his mansion.

Getting out of his car Manik was surprised to see Jack sitting on his car bonnet whistling.

"What are you doing outside at this hour, planning to be a snow statue?" Manik chuckled looking at the tiny snowfall.

"Hmm you settled all, but what about Nandini and me? She did nothing to anyone" Jack asked sliding off his car.

"I know and I will settle her as well, but what you? Will you also study?" Manik laughed.

"No, bro. I was thinking to settle getting married and start my family plan"

"Seriously at the age of twenty-two you want to get married and have kids" Manik asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I don't like wasting time. If I am fast I can see three plus generations" Jack laughed.

"Ask Maya aunty and find a girl."

"No, bro as you are elder you should get married first, but your wasting age like this... If you turn 30+ none will marry you. Even if someone marries you nothing you can do except watching" Jack mocked playfully.

"Don't you think you are thinking too deep?"

"I'm telling reality bro at age of 30 you saw 30% of life and you turn more boring. Then what you will do even you had miss Universe." Jack argued.

"Now stop these R-rated talks. I will end single only. If you had any girl get her. I will talk with dad and get you married happily" Manik smiled.

"You know what, bro."

"What?"

"You are so boring. Hush!" Jack teased running away. Manik went upstairs with a happy face. While passing her room he saw Nandini sitting beside the bed crying seeing a book. He turned so curious to know what she is seeing in that book.

After a while, he entered her room when she went to have shower. He took the book and ran to his room.

"Drawing book" is printed on the front cover.

"Oh, she is drawing still. Let's see what she draw such emotional" he opened the book and saw the drawing of a boy playing with a puppy and a girl sitting beside him looking at them. He flipped another page and saw a drawing of a boy and girl playing together written: "manu my best friend."

As he flipped pages he found all the scenes of their childhood, drawings of his mother cooking in the kitchen talking to a little girl and the day of their separation.

Soon the pages turned of drawing a lonely girl who was in dark and the boy turned blurred. 

With passing pages, the boy disappeared leaving her alone and then he saw drawing of a girl standing hidden behind the wall glancing at the man.

Written " My Manu is taller stronger like teddy but he is still angry with me"

He flipped the pages and saw the man changing like a beast and the girl crying in darkness. On the last page, there was a drawing of a man sitting on his couch and his dog sitting beside him and a girl was kneeling on the floor with a chain around her neck held by the man.