145- Victor's story

145- Victor's story

A few hours later,

It was a happy family day, All were sitting in the living room, and they all enjoyed spending time together but every second Nandini saw the ring she started getting irritated and messy. She badly wanted to know why suddenly that ring was on Victor's finger. 

"Uncle, Dad told so much about your love, but he didn't say your love story, can you tell us how you won Lily Aunty?" Sheetal asked curiously. Victor let a chuckle upon hearing the question.

"Yep, even I don't know Dad. Tell me your love story" Manik asked sitting on the carpet resting himself on his m his father's leg and Lily was with Jack sorting puzzles.

"Tell us, uncle, is it a love marriage?" everyone insisted gaining assumptions.

"I'm not this type, this was not me. The present me is the person created by Lily. I lost my family in a plane crash when I was 20 years and things were forced on me to take charge of my family business. I really don't have any idea about any of the stuff. I'm a playboy who was enjoying my life in college flirting with girls and chilling out with my gang but this business and lonely life pressed me with responsibilities. I started growing arrogant towards everyone and started a robotic life no person ever dared to talk to me eye to eye then my woman entered my office as an Intern. Lily just Lily because she was an orphan and had nothing but her confidence and talent, It's a wow! At first, my ego didn't let me appreciate her. But with time, I saw her efficiency, her character and her motives. I loved everything just like that I want that kind of lioness for me. On the last day of her internship instead of a job letter, I gave her marriage application."

"Oh god, I expected a filmy confession at least" Jack laughed.

"I'm boring, I want my things straight so I asked directly "Let's get married" She looked at me with fury. The next second she folded the paper in a ball and smashed it on me saying "Your question should be 'Will you marry me?' and my answer would be no. I can't put my life with this kind of man"

"What is wrong with me? Did I asked to date or nightstand? Do I have any numerous relations?" I asked surprised.

"There are some more reasons to get rejected, just like your arrogance. I hate loud noises or sounds and you keep screaming full day. If I marry you my life will be a haunted mess"

"But I... "

"I'm done, just mail me my internship certificate."

"Wait a second" I said typing her offer letter and giving it to her in seconds. "For your talent, I always wanted a women beauty with brain that attracts me alot. I still want to marry you" I said again, she took the letter and left. I thought she would never show up to me but after months she accepted the Job and joined my firm. I used to get so insecure seeing any guy talking to her jovial that I started thinking she only likes humorous guys but I wasn't the one, still, I wanted her to be mine and I couldn't force her to do that, I asked her again. Every time I asked about marriage to tell her I was very serious about her. But one day she responded and that shook the hell out of me" Victor paused.

"What did she reply that horrible?" Nandini asked curious.

'How about a one-night stand maybe?' She asked giving me a tiny brain stroke. I didn't know how to react. Thought it might be a joke and accepted. She penned me her address and left. I went her home and we seriously did it after that I became more confident about her. I again asked her the same in her desired language 'Will you marry me?' she let out a laugh I didn't get why, but then she asked me like 'Mr Victor, it's really hard to trust rich men. I'm an orphan! To afford this room, I work two jobs along with study. No doubt, I was attracted to you just gave it a try to get rid of your feelings. I didn't expect you to ask this even after sleeping with me"