Spencer Reid- Supporting (h)

You'd always thought you could beat whatever came your way if you had the right support system, and the whole idea of a support system had only been reinforced by your doctors.

They told you that you couldn't really do it on your own, you could try but it would be much more hard going than if others were there helping you.

For a long time, you'd had a decent support system but then you fell down that rabbit hole of believing one drink wouldn't hurt, and one drink turned into two and two turned to three and before you knew it you weren't quite coping.

The only person there to drag you up was Spencer, he cared, he cared too much sometimes and that made you love him more.

He'd gone as far to move into your apartment with you just so that you weren't alone, just so that he could be there for you – you worried what kind of an impact you were having on his life, but every time you brought up the subject he waved you off.

Three months you had been living together, him on the sofa and you in your room, and in those three months he had been the only constant.

Sure, your parents rang you, your siblings sent gifts and words of encouragement, but only Spencer was physically present, only Spencer bothered to stay with you.

One night you'd found yourself struggling more than you had in the recent months, the urge was too strong, but you didn't want to give in, you didn't want to disappoint Spencer.

He'd always told you that if he wasn't around and you were struggling, then you were to go straight to Quantico and find him; of course, you never thought you'd actually need to do that, you didn't want to impact on Spencer's work life in such a way, but you needed to tonight.

It was daunting having to go into the building and then find the offices; the first person to approach you was a blonde woman in brightly coloured clothes holding a fluffy notebook.

"Are you okay petal? You seem a little lost," she spoke to you in a warm tone and had a gentle smile on her face, whilst you weren't expecting anyone to actually speak to you she made you feel as if you could trust her.

You tried to return her smile. "I'm looking for Spencer?"

Her smile grew and she took your arm almost instantly. "Well come on then, let's go find him."

She brought you into the main room and you saw the back of Spencer's head sat at his desk, the blonde woman took you over to him and she cleared her throat.

"Y/N?" Spencer questioned when he turned around, you smiled at him, but he knew you so well that he could tell something was wrong.

He got up from his seat, gently pulled you away from the blonde woman and into a hug. "You told me to come here if I needed to," you told him, but your words were muffled by his shirt.

"You did the right thing, I'm here for a reason," he whispered into your ear as he continued to hold you.

"I can't do this without you," you whispered, afraid to actually admit it to yourself just how much you rely on him.

He chuckled and pressed a sweet kiss to your forehead. "You don't ever need to."

~*~

Written by Hannah.