Jennifer Jareau- Hospital (c)

It was rare that a case would go off without a hitch. Generally, the unsub would be caught however it was unlikely that you and your colleagues would all come out of the case completely uninjured. Rarely someone would get badly hurt, but it was a risk that you had all been made to take in taking your job.

Your boss, Hotch, had made it clear that he didn't consider it smart to allow a couple to work on a case together due to a conflict of interest in working the case and sustaining your personal lives. However, he knew you and JJ very well and knew you wouldn't let your personal lives interfere with your work, so he made an exception.

The two of you had entered the unsubs home without backup against better judgement. Usually your tough calls paid off but the both of you got injured apprehending the guy, and it had now left JJ in hospital unconscious. The doctors had asked to look you over as well as you were injured also but you had no intentions to leave your girlfriend's side.

You clutched her hand, tears rolling down your cheeks until the second her fingers twitched, signalling that she was waking up.

The first thing she saw in the bright pale room, was your tear stained cheeks and gleeful smile due to her being okay.

"Y/N?" She questioned weakly.

"Jennifer, I was so scared. I'm sorry for being a complete idiot and letting you get into that danger. I wouldn't know how to go on if something happened to you," you said with tears still falling.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

You raised an eyebrow. How could she possibly ask if you were okay when she was the one in the hospital bed? It baffled you that she could possibly ask how you were when she was so badly injured.

"Of course I'm okay. Why would you even ask that? You aren't okay. Well you are better than I thought you'd be, but God you terrified me."

She smiled weakly at you, giving your hand a light squeeze back in response in reassurance.

"You're bleeding. Has the doctor spoken to you?" She asked seemingly concerned.

"I didn't want to leave you when you were like that. I couldn't bear to be away from you," you smiled softly.

"Go get checked out. I am fine, but I need to know that you are okay as well."

You were going to argue but with a wince, she glared at you not wanting to continue an unnecessary argument over what she knew was correct. An exasperated sigh fell from your lips as you leaned in to carefully kiss her without causing her further pain.

"I love you," you smiled softly slowly making your way towards the door attempting to hide the pain that you felt.

"I love you too. But I don't want to see you again until you are better, and I mean that with the most love."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.