Emily Prentiss- Secret (c)

You and Emily had been in a relationship since just after she joined the team. Due to the rules that colleagues cannot be in relationships you kept it a secret from your team. Even though they were your friends, you didn't want to ruin your jobs and opportunities in the FBI just so your friends could know.

However after Emily faked her death and Hotch was fine with Kevin and Penelope's relationship, you felt as though your team deserved to know. They had all realised that something was up due to how emotional you became when you thought that she was dead, and JJ did question why Emily wanted to tell you that it was fake.

Emily still wasn't sure. The two of you had been together for such a long time, you could overcome anything, and although you understood her reasons behind keeping it a secret you just didn't want to lie to them anymore.

Currently your team didn't have a case to work on, so you were all working on paper work in the BAU. It would be a long night, and it would likely be tedious and boring.

Previously today you had discussed telling your team with Emily, and it didn't end on the best note. So as you saw her walk over to the coffee maker, you grabbed your half-filled mug and followed her.

Placing your mug next to her you gave her a week smile.

"I think you said enough earlier Y/N," she said bitterly.

"I'm sorry Em. I love you, and I don't want you to be mad at me," you whispered low enough that none of your team would be able to hear you.

"I'm not mad," she stated.

"I don't want to be your secret anymore. I want to be able to shout my love for you from the rooftops. I want to be able to hold your hand and kiss your cheek and allow everyone to know you are my girlfriend. I want to be able to have cheesy couple costumes for Halloween parties without it being a 'coincidence'. I want to be able to compete with JJ and Will over who is the most sickly sweet couple. I want us to be a normal couple. Yes stolen kisses and hidden stares are fun, but I just want to be able to express my love for you," you said in a soft tone.

Her hand slyly slid across the counter to settle on top of yours.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too."

She let out a sigh, taking your hand triumphantly and pulling you over towards your co-workers. You were shocked by her boldness but you had nothing wrong with it.

"Guys, we have something to tell you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.