Penelope Garcia- Coming Out (c)

"So, was that a date?" Luke grinned.

"Pardon?" You asked as you went to take your seat at the table ready for the case brief.

"You and Garcia," he smirked. "I saw you at that little Italian place around the corner holding hands and sharing spaghetti."

You turned towards Penelope who had fallen pale and her expression stiff and unsettled. Her nails dug into the folder in her hands, her whole body becoming rigid and uncomfortable.

"Um... yeah," you nodded. "We didn't see you."

"I was walking Roxy past there. It's hard to miss Garcia's sunflower crown," he shrugged.

Penelope gave you pleading eyes but quickly dropped the file onto the table.

"I'm sorry, excuse me," she whispered, her voice hoarse and pained, quickly escaping from the room, heading towards her office.

Your colleagues all looked confused as you rose to your feet, calling after her but she ignored you. Letting out a sigh, you felt overwhelmed with guilt that she was so uncomfortable. You and Penelope had been in a relationship for a little over a year but no one other than yourselves knew. Everyone knew you were a lesbian, you'd never hidden that fact at your work, having come out when you were eighteen, however Penelope hadn't yet. She had only accepted that fact about herself months before you got together and didn't want anyone else to know until she was ready.

"What was that about?" Emily asked.

"I'm sorry," you frowned. "Penelope and I have been together for over a year. She didn't want people to know as she'd never been with a woman before and was scared of how you would react. She was coming around to the idea of telling you all, but it was a bit of a shock that Luke found out. I'm really sorry for not telling you but I need to see if she is okay."

Without saying anymore, you followed after your girlfriend heading to her office where you found her crying in her desk chair.

"Pen," you said softly. "I told them everything. I couldn't lie to them."

"It's okay," she whispered. "I don't blame you. It was going to happen at some point, I just didn't expect it."

You made your way over to her, wrapping your arms around her, pressing your lips to her temple.

"I love you Penelope, it's going to be okay," you smiled.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by