Aaron Hotchner- Baby (c)

Aaron had missed a lot of Jack's life. He didn't mean to but work always came up and he felt that as long as Haley was in his life, then maybe he wouldn't notice, maybe he would be too young to tell his father was rarely there. Once Haley died and he met you, he knew he couldn't live like that anymore. Work was still important to him but it wasn't on the same level as family and when you realised you were pregnant, he promised himself, you and his children that he wouldn't do the same. He was there for every appointment and hadn't left the house for more than an errand for the last five weeks of your pregnancy to make sure he was there to see his second son brought into the world.

Now with two sons, he stayed around the house more, he returned to work soon after you gave birth but only to the office, not wanting to leave the city to travel with his team. Now that you were ten weeks postpartum and he finally agreed to take a case with the team and go to New York. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't that far away, and you had been helping raise Jack for several years, so were happy to be alone with your two boys, but it was him that was getting nervous.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" He questioned.

You rolled your eyes at him. He had asked you the same question several times today and no matter how much you told him, it didn't seem like he believed that you were comfortable being alone with your children.

"Aaron, I've got this. Jack is no trouble and Y/S/N is eating, pooping and sleeping, it's not going to be too bad. And anyway Jennifer has given me Will's number and arranged a playdate for Jack and Henry tomorrow and if I really struggle, my parents are only two hours away and would come over if I needed them," you explained.

Aaron paused for a moment before relenting. He leaned down to press his lips to the baby's forehead. "Take care of mummy while I'm away, okay?"

"There's two guns hidden in this apartment, I think they may help me more than a newborn," you corrected.

He pressed his lips to yours. "I'll call you as soon as we land."

You exchanged 'I love you's' before he headed off to work.

~*~
Written by Charlotte