Spencer Reid- Fall (h)

In a weird way, one thing that had always excited you about being in a relationship was having someone there with you at events.

You knew that it sounded slightly strange but a part of you just felt like having someone there with you at a wedding or at a party just felt so comforting.

You and Spencer had only been together for a few months, the whole team had been smug when the two of you announced that you were together – they had been taking bets on when it would finally happen.

That evening you and Spencer were going to a friend's engagement party, but they had decided that it was going to be a formal kind of thing, meaning black tie which was never fun for anyone.

"Love?" Spencer called to you from your bedroom.

You walked through from your bathroom to see him stood in front of your mirror, struggling with his bow tie.

"I've not had to do one of these before," he told you sheepishly. "I think I need a bit of help."

Smiling, you moved to stand in front of him and you focused on his tie whilst he focused on you.

He was nervous about going to this party with you, he had only met your friends a handful of times, but this seemed more important. The times before had been in bars but this time he was going to what seemed like a big event with you, and it just felt more serious to him.

You had finished Spencer's tie a few moments ago and went to speak to him when you realised, he was lost in thought, which admittedly happened quite often.

You rested your hands on his chest, looking up at him with a smile on your face – whilst the two of you had only been together for a matter of months, you were excited to see where things went with him. In a cheesy way, things just felt right, and you didn't want to lose that.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" you questioned, smiling up at him.

Spencer snapped out of his musings and moved his hands to rest on your waist. "Important things as always," he joked.

You laughed and shook your head. "Being the kid genius has gone to your head."

He chuckled, pulling you close to him, so your arms twined around his neck. "Maybe so," he admitted. "But you fell for this kid genius."

Shrugging, you pretended to think about it for a moment which prompted Spencer to squeeze your waist. "Hmm, I suppose I did."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.