Matthew Simmons- Daughter: Part 1 (c)

Garcia led the way to the briefing room, everyone else following to learn of their new case. No case was ever pleasant, but no one was ready for what was about to unfold on the screen. Everyone surrounded the round table with the brightly dressed woman stood before them.

"It may be one of our least gruesome cases, but it is one of the saddest," Garcia stated clicking the remote for a picture of a woman to appear on the screen.

"Two months ago, in the small town of Leeside, North Dakota, Lauren Mavers was attacked in her home. She was found tied to her bed with what appears to be her own stockings, wearing only her underwear. She said she was choked by her boyfriend until she passed out. She was found by the police whom were called to her address by an anonymous caller," Garcia explained.

"This doesn't seem like much of a crime," Rossi stated.

The others nodded.

"An annoyed lover left her when something went awry," JJ added.

Garcia solemnly shook her head as she added a picture of a toddler to the screen.

"Meet Emilia Mavers. Daughter of Lauren Mavers. When Lauren came to, Emilia was nowhere to be found. Emilia turned two a week before she went missing," Garcia said.

Emily had a grim expression on her face. "I don't mean to be pessimistic but isn't it unlikely Emilia is still alive."

"No body has been found," Garcia stated. "And there's more."

Emily gestured for her to continue.

"Last month also in Leeside, Faith Poole was found tied up in her underwear having been choked. Her daughter Zoey was missing from the scene."

"The same perpetrator?" Luke asked.

"Lauren's boyfriend Nathan Barrows has gone missing, whilst Faith's boyfriend Ryan Daniels' whereabouts are unknown. Do you see anything similar?"

Garcia put up two drivers' licences on the screen. The pictures of the two men were identical.

"Do you know his real name?" Matt asked.

"Currently no. Nathan Barrows and Ryan Daniels do not exist so without anymore information, we are only aware of alias'."

Spencer looked at the photos on the screen before turning his attention back to his colleague.

"Why did the Leeside police wait this long to call us in?" He asked.

"With the first two victims, they tried to place blame on the fathers. Both are clear. Emilia's father John Kleen was in Ohio working when she went missing. And Zoey's father is deceased."

"First two?" Tara asked. "Has there been a third?"

Garcia nodded.

"Last night Y/N Y/L/N was found in her flat tied and choked like the other two. Her daughter Anna was gone. Anna turns two in a week."

Matt's face dropped as he slid his chair back and paused. He recognised the third victim, he knew her, but he certainly didn't know she had a child.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked.

"Weneed to go."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by