Elle Greenaway- Doing Well (c)

Working within the BAU was always a hard thing to do. Everyday you were faced with death and destruction, the only positive from the days at work was knowing another bad guy was locked away and sometimes you saved a victim. It was inevitable that it would get to you, that it would wear down anyone in the job. People left and moved on, it was normal but five months ago one of your colleagues, Elle Greenaway had left.

There had been a bad job, she'd snapped, and she decided it was her time to move on. It wasn't unusual for people to lose contact for a bit after moving from the job, but they always made sure the people they left in the BAU knew they were safe and happy with whatever they moved on to do. Over the past five months, everyone in the office had tried phoning, texting and emailing her but no one got a response.

Having time off from work, was usually for family, but seen as you were unmarried without children and the rest of your family lived quite a way away, so you decided to use your day off to visit Elle and make sure she was okay.

As far as you knew she hadn't moved to a new house, so you drove to her address and knocked on the door, hoping to see your friend, not a stranger. Luckily it was Elle whom opened the door. She looked different, but in a good way. She didn't look nearly as tired or as stressed and she actually had a smile on her face.

"Y/N," she smiled warmly. "What are you doing here?"

"You didn't answer your phone and we've all worried about you. But you look good Elle, you look happy," you smiled back.

She invited you into her home, offering you a drink before sitting with you in her living room.

"How have you been?" You asked her.

"Good. I've been able to work on me and get back everything I lost to the job. I've not found anywhere new to work yet, but I have savings and they're tiding me by."

You couldn't help but smile at her. You were glad she was doing well, it was horrible to reconnect with someone from the team who is lost without their work.

"Have you considered coming back to the FBI?" You asked her.

She nodded her head slowly. "I know it's not the best place for me, at least not for now. Maybe one day I'll come back, but I need some normality for a while."

"I'm glad that things are going well for you, but you need to keep in touch. We were all worried about you, and everyone will be so happy to know you're doing well," you smiled.

"Thanks. I'll make sure to keep in contact."

~*~

Written by Charotte.

Requested by