Matthew Simmons- Daughter: Part 2 (c)

You were sat in your hospital bed, hooked up to machines. You felt perfectly fine, but the doctors refused to let you go as they wanted to make sure you were okay especially after how hysterical you were when they brought you in. A police officer had been sat outside since you got here but had given up asking you questions as you didn't have any answers. They had told you that the FBI were involved now, and it reassured you. You had known the other two women whose children had gone missing and knew how hopeless they felt, at least there was nope now, not only for your daughter but for theirs too.

As you waited there, you wished you could be out looking for Anna. She was helpless on her own and you didn't know where she was or who had her. You felt useless stuck in a bed.

A knock on the door, made you jump to attention. The police officer was stood there with a weak smile on his face.

"The FBI are here and want to talk to you," he stated.

You nodded to tell him to let them into your room. You expected a nameless suit to come in and ask you everything that had already been asked.

"Matt!"

You had spoken too loud and too forcefully, knocking you back into yourself with the pain in your throat. It had been well over two years since you had seen him, and you certainly never thought you'd see him again. Last you knew he worked for the IRT, but he must have changed departments as they wouldn't be involved in a case like this.

"Y/N," he said softly. "I never thought I'd see you again."

"Neither," you said softly.

Just over two years ago, your four-year long relationship and subsequent engagement with Matthew Simmons were ended with an unamicable bang. An irresolvable argument occurred, and he walked out of your home and never came back. You soon moved to a different state to start a new life and here you were back in the same room.

"You've got a kid," he stated firmly.

"Matt..." you didn't know the best way to come to the point, but he would find his way to it quickly.

"Is she mine?" He asked.

Unable to find the words, you just nodded. He threw his hands in the air, before clutching onto his dark hair.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

You couldn't help the tears coming to your eyes.

"I tried."

You'd never seen him this angry. Even at the argument that ended your relationship, he wasn't this angry.

"What do you mean you tried? She's two. My daughter is two in a week, and I didn't even know she existed. Not once have you fucking contacted me, not once," he shouted.

Through the window of your room, you could see a brunette and a blond woman whom stood there looking rather concerned and nervous.

"I phoned you. It was three weeks after we broke up," you stated through your slowly falling tears.

"No, you didn't."

"I did. Your sister... she answered it. As soon as she heard it was me, she told me to never contact you again. That you'd already moved on and didn't need a whore like me. I didn't know what to do. But she said you were happy and there was nothing I could ever do to get you to talk to me. She told me you'd told her to keep me away. I couldn't bear phoning you again. That's why I moved to a different state, so I would never get in your way," you whispered.

Matt's expression and arms instantly dropped. He had no words. How could someone do that to him, to her?

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

"Don't be. I moved here just after. Got a job at the local school and I didn't regret anything from that," you stated.

He moved closer to sit in the chair by the side of your bed.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asked.

"I can't remember it too well," you said.

"Anything you can remember could help us find her."

You let a sigh, thinking back to the night it happened.

"I'd put Anna to bed about half seven," you stated.

"And your boyfriend was there..." he added.

You shook your head at him.

"I don't know what we are. We'd been out a few times and we were... intimate... I trusted him. He'd met Anna, and it was the first time he was going to stay the night whilst she was there."

It was clear Matt was uncomfortable with the conversation, jealous even but he continued it on.

"You were going to have sex with him."

Your cheeks became red, this was certainly a conversation you never wanted to happen, especially not with him.

"No," you stated forcefully. "Well, yes... he bought me underwear and told me to put it on and asked if we could do something different that night. He'd never tied me up before, and honestly, I wasn't too comfortable with it, but he insisted. As soon as he'd tied me up, he started to talk. I don't know... he was ranting and pacing, and..."

He reached a hand out to you as he saw you become unsettled by talking about it.

"What did he say?" He asked.

"He was telling me that I was a whore and that I wasn't a good mum. That Anna deserved someone who didn't sleep with any man she saw and someone who was married. That that was the only way she'd grow up well with a mum and a dad, otherwise she'd end up like me," you whispered.

"You know none of that is true," he said softly. "I always thought you'd be a great mum."

You could help the small smile on your lips. "Thanks Matt."

"What happened next?" He asked.

"I told him he was scaring me and asked to be let go, but he climbed on top of me and kept shouting the same things and put his hands around my throat. I woke up to a paramedic over me," you sighed.

Matt gave you hand a reassuring squeeze, "We'regoing to find her Y/N, I promise."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by