Emily Prentiss- Relationship (c)

You had worked in the BAU for years, having known Emily when she was just a profiler rather than her job now as the head of your unit of the FBI. From when you worked as equals you had been close friends, with a hint towards possibly more, but with her moving over to work for Interpol, you were left longing for her only to be overjoyed when she returned as your superior.

From the first day you worked with her, you admired her skill and ability to work within the male dominated world the two of you were in. She was incredibly intelligent along with being very skilled at her job even more so now that she had returned from time working elsewhere. It had been so long that you had worked side by side and you wished that you would be able to be more than friends and colleagues although it terrified you to think about asking her.

You had spent some time sat at your desk looking up towards her office, trying to find the perfect moment to go and speak to her. JJ left the office, leaving Emily on her own, allowing you to go in for the attack. You passed your blond colleague, knocking on the office door without allowing for a second thought. As soon as you heard your knuckles rap against the wood, your heart leaped into your throat, making you regret your decision. Before you were able to run away, Emily called out for you to the enter the room.

Opening the door, you saw her sat at her desk, looking down at a pile of paper. Her eyes rose to look at you with a gentle smile on her face.

"Hello Y/N," she smiled. "What can I do for you?"

"Oh... hi... um... I wanted to ask you something," you smiled awkwardly.

"Shoot," she stated putting down the paper, and gesturing towards the seat opposite her.

You mindlessly took a seat. Pausing you noticed her smile almost faltering at your delay in response.

"What was your question?" She asked.

"Oh... it is a personal question... actually I shouldn't be asking anything," you quickly said going to rise from your seat.

"Please, you may ask me anything."

You paused once more, trying to compose yourself so that you could ask her the question.

"I... I was wondering if you still felt the same way as me... if you would want to see if things could be more than just how they are. More than colleagues and friends per se."

She smiled softly at you, a gentle chuckle escaping her.

"You know I see you as more than that Y/N," she said. "But I would never want that to interfere with our work. If we were to make something more than this, it couldn't interfere with being here."

You nodded your head.

"I understand Emily. I would never wish for a relationship to interfere with work, we do an important job; it would be wrong to let anything get in the way of that," you assured her.

"Then, I guess it is settled. Maybe you could come to mine this weekend and I'll cook you dinner?" She offered.

"I would love that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request