Aaron Hotchner- Smart (h)

It had been a rather peaceful day off, for once you didn't get called out on a case and neither did your fiancée.

You and Aaron both worked for the BAU and the majority of the time, a case would crop up whenever any one of the team actually got a day off.

Jessica had told the both of you, that she would take Jack to and from school, just so that you and Aaron could have a day to yourselves and you enjoyed spending time with each other.

You and Aaron were cuddled up on the sofa, just watching TV. Everything was rather calm, and the two of you were just enjoying the comfortable silence.

Suddenly, the front door was flung open, which made the both of you jump, despite your training.

"LOOK" Jack yelled, showing his Dad his test paper which he got full marks on.

Aaron looked at Jack with a massive smile on his face "This is great Jack, you're doing really well in school" Aaron praised Jack, and Jack handed you his test.

"See Mum, you really helped me" Jack told you and you smiled at him, he'd started calling you Mum a while back and it was the proudest feeling ever.

You opened your arms to Jack, and you pulled him into a hug "You are such a smart little dude" you told him as you hugged him.

Jack moved to sit in between you and Aaron, after he dumped his school stuff on the floor.

"You know, there's this family picnic thing happening at school" Jack spoke, sounding kind of nervous "And everyone is inviting their parents, so can you and Mum come?" Jack asked Aaron, with his adorable smile on his face.

Aaron looked over to you, and you nodded "I'm sure we can work something out" he told Jack and Jack looked over at you.

"Promise you won't have a case?" he asked, you knew that he struggled with the both of you just disappearing at times even after promising to spend time together.

You exchanged a confirming glance with Aaron, "We promise, we'll talk to Uncle Dave and if there is a case, they can reach us on our cells" you explained to Jack, who looked utterly overjoyed.

He hugged the both of you tightly, before running off to his room.

Aaron turned to you, and shook his head lightly "You know full well that if there is a case, we have to go" he told you bluntly.

You moved closer to him, and he put his arm around your shoulder "Do I look like I care?" you asked sarcastically making Aaron chuckle "Aaron, did you see the look on Jack's face when I said we would go?" you asked again, but more serious that time.

"Of course I did, and I don't want to see that disappointed look on his face when we can't go" he said, laying out all the facts.

"Listen to me Aaron" you said sternly and he looked into your eyes, "We are going to the picnic whether we have a case or not – for once, if there is a case, they can reach us on our cells and then we fly out to wherever the next day" you explained and Aaron sighed.

"But-" Aaron tried to argue but you lightly glared at him so he shut up.

"Aaron Hotchner" you said to get his attention "It is one afternoon, away from a flipping case, I know that both of us should be there but I am not letting our son down – technically he isn't my son but you get my point" you rambled towards the end.

Aaron pulled you into a loving kiss "You make a damn good argument Future Mrs Y/N Hotchner"

~*~

Written by Hannah.