Emily Prentiss- Wedding: Part 1 (c)

Your wedding day was something that you had been looking forward to for a long time. Emily and you had planned your wedding for as long as you knew each other, it was the dream day that had finally come around. It had been held off for a while, Emily always being away for work, and saving enough money for everything to be perfect, but today was finally going to be the day you were going to marry your fiancée.

Your sister had helped you into your gown but left you to make sure everything else was going to plan. Sat at the vanity, you kept your eyes down onto a book, waiting for your sister to return so you could finish up your hair. Even though you were nervous, more than anything you were happy. You never imagined this day would happen, the amount of times it had to be postponed accommodating Emily's work, it was a happy day to know nothing else could get in the way.

Still reading, you heard the door open. You didn't look up at first as you assumed it was your sister coming back from checking on how things were running.

"Y/N."

The voice wasn't of your sister but rather your bride. A smile curled onto your lips as you playfully tutted.

"It's bad etiquette to see your bride in her gown," you laughed. "Do you want us to have bad lu-"

You cut yourself off. You had raised your head to look in the mirror. In the doorway stood Emily. She wasn't in the gown she had bought for the special day, rather her shirt, trousers and blazer she wore for work. Your smile instantly dropped from your face as you span in your seat to look at her.

"What are you wearing?" You asked, hoping that there was an issue with her gown and nothing else.

"There's a case," she said softly.

"And you're not going because we're about to get married," you smiled hopefully but it was faltering.

She gave you a solemn smile. "I have to go."

"Please don't do this Emily," you whispered. "Please don't just leave me."

She shook her head sadly. "I need to go Y/N. I'm really sorry."

With that she hurried out of the room leaving you alone in your room. You slumped in your chair, pain hitting your heart. She may not have decided not to marry you, but she let her work become more important to her than you. All you had now was a moment to let the tears fall before you had to announce there wasn't going to be a wedding.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by