Derek Morgan- Clumsy (c)

You tried to keep your head down, letting your hair shield your face as you walked into the office, not wanting anyone to see the shame that was upon your face. Sadly, you didn't even get to your desk before someone noticed it.

You worked with your boyfriend Derek, so as he did every morning, he came over to you, handing you your mug of coffee, and lifting your chin so that you could look him in the eye.

"Good morning beautiful," he smiled before he could truly see your face. As he saw your face without your hair obstructing it, his expression dropped instantly. "Who gave you that black eye?!"

Lowering your face again, you hoped that you wouldn't have to explain to him what happened. He was protective and didn't want to see you hurt, so anger filled him, wanting to know how he could avenge whomever or whatever caused you pain. Alas, he couldn't. You were the only one to blame for your injury.

"Calm down," you whispered.

"Who the hell hurt you, Y/N?" He demanded. "I'll be calm when I kick their arse."

"Please Derek," you said softly. "No one hurt me."

He cocked an eyebrow at you, not knowing how else you could have gotten a black eye without someone hurting you.

"How did you get the black eye?" He asked.

You frowned. It wasn't a story in which you came out seeming remotely good, if anything it made you look rather terrible. There was little worse you could do to embarrass yourself than what you did to get your black eye.

"I was trying to pull the quilt up, but it was stuck and then it wasn't stuck anymore. I ended up punching myself in the face and ended up giving myself a black eye," you frowned, feeling shame of how you received your injury.

Derek tried not to laugh but ended up with a smirk on his face. You couldn't blame him, but you still ended up with a sour expression to contradict his amused one.

"I knew you could be clumsy, but this takes the biscuit," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around you.

You kept your sour expression, not impressed that he was seemingly taking joy in your pain.

"Hey, you don't need to be grumpy," he smiled. "I find it cute how much of a clumsy mess you can be. I love you, Y/N."

Still with a frown on your face, you kissed his cheek. "I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.