Emily Prentiss- Wedding: Part 2 (c)

You gave yourself ten minutes of uncontrollable tears before you tried to compose yourself. The woman you loved had walked out on your wedding and your heart hurt worse than it ever had. It had been several attempts to get a wedding date, Emily's work always coming first and putting you to the back of her mind. Every time it got cancelled or rearranged you cried yourself to sleep, pain being all you could feel but you tried to make it seem less important to Emily. You loved her, but you knew she loved her job, you'd never make her choose between you and her work but just once you'd like to be picked ahead of her job.

Finally composing yourself, your heart heavy and tears left on your cheeks, you made your way from your room across the hallway to the room that Emily had been using to get ready. It was unlocked. Hung up on the wardrobe door was her gown still in the bag, her makeup bag still on the desk. Next to it was an envelope with your name written in her handwriting.

You opened the envelope, but it took a moment to pull the paper from the envelope, too scared as to what it would say. On the paper Emily apologised to you, wishing for no bad feelings and that she would make it up to you; you didn't know how she could do that. Her job may mean a lot to her, but you hoped that maybe you meant a lot to her too. Clearly not.

Although you wanted to scream out and cry, you realised there were a lot of people waiting for you to get married and didn't know that Emily had already left. Trying to stay calm you made your way to the aisle. The pianist saw you and started playing but you waved your hand to tell her to stop.

"I'm sorry," you croaked, trying your best to compose yourself. "There will be no wedding today."

You noticed the seats of Emily's colleagues were empty. Everyone turned their attention to you, looks of concern on their face.

"Thank you for all coming, it means a lot to me, however the wedding will not continue. My apologies for wasting your time, please take your gifts back and all feel free to enjoy the reception tonight, it all paid for."

With that you left the room, ignoring everyonetalking, making your way back to your room to let yourself cry once again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by