Luke Alvez- Reunite: Part 1 (c)

Your path had been winding and you hadn't taken a straight line to becoming a lawyer. It had always been your goal to be a defence lawyer, but many other things took your interest and gave you something else to bring joy into your life before you returned back onto the path of your legal career. Your past career with the behavioural analysis unit in the FBI was what led to your current case. You worked with that team for five years and it became like your family, but you ended up having to move on and it had been nearly a decade since you last worked with them.

Over the years you had kept in contact with the team, so when they needed the best lawyer for one of their own, you were their first choice. You had met with your client and then headed over to the office to reunite with the rest of your team and discuss what you could. It felt weird having to get a visitors badge to enter the place you spent most of your life for half a decade, but you were glad to be back, even just as a friend. Everyone was in the meeting room, waiting for you.

"Y/N," JJ smiled as soon as she saw you, even though you could see her eyes were tired and pained. She wrapped you into a warm hug.

You happily reunited with JJ, Emily, Rossi and Garcia before being introduced to Tara and Stephen, attention then falling upon the last person in the room.

"And this is-" Emily started but you interrupted her.

"Luke Alvez," you smiled warmly. "It's been a long time."

Emily cocked an eyebrow at you. "You know each other?"

You knew he would be there, but you still felt a flutter in your chest from seeing him. It had been so long since you had last seen each other and you were pretty sure none of your emotions had changed.

"We were in the army together," you said, trying not to let how you felt appear upon your face. "He was my superior."

JJ paused for a second, memories of previous conversations coming back quite quickly. "That superior?"

You nodded your head, before she gave Luke a knowing look. You had told her and Emily a lot about when you had previously known Luke, but as you never told them his name and you didn't think they would ever meet, you never questioned it.

"You've changed a lot," he said, looking you over.

"Says you, Alvez, you've aged like a fine wine."

It didn't take a genius to see the way that the two of you looked at each other, and even you weren't blind to the man's expression.

"I don't mean to interrupt," Emily smirked. "But how wow was Reid when you saw him this morning."

You pried your eyes away from Luke to turn your attention back to the reason you were there.

"He's holding in there. He's always been strong, and I wish I could see him and the rest of you under different circumstances. This isn't going to be easy, but I hope the prosecution's case is as weak as it seems, and that his memories will come back in our favour," you sighed. "He says he is innocent and I believe him, I just wish that would be enough."

"Thankyou for coming back to help us," Emily smiled. "Anything you need, just let meknow."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.