Aaron Hotchner- Pregnant (c)

Sometimes it was hard to be waiting at home for your husband to be coming home from a case, especially when they last longer than first anticipated as well as when you had something important to tell him. You knew that Aaron's job was very important to him and you would never want to try and make him stop his job, but it did become infuriating when you were so excited to tell him something. You were planted on the sofa until you heard the door open, leading to you jumping up onto your feet, excitedly approaching him.

He was clearly knackered, bags prominent under his eyes as he dropped his bag near the door.

"Welcome home," you smiled warmly, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

You did miss him when he was away on work, but you couldn't say that when he came home, having your little reunion wasn't enjoyable.

"I'm sorry that I'm late," he said, trying to supress a yawn.

"It's okay, how was the case?" You asked, leading the way back into the living room.

"It was better than some. But no case that we're called to is ever good," he shrugged.

The two of you sat down and you tried your best to hide how excited you were to tell him the news.

"Where's Jack?" He asked, realising that his son was missing from the flat.

"He's with Jessica," you explained. "I need to tell you something Aaron, and I thought it best to be something I tell you without him here."

Aaron cocked an eyebrow at you. He had no idea as to what you were talking about but having come back from nearly a week chasing after a murderer, it wasn't unbelievable that he would be concerned.

"What do you need to tell me?" He asked.

You rose to your feet, nervously, knowing that his reaction wouldn't be negative but still being nervous due to this huge step that your relationship was going to have.

"Um... I don't know how to say this," you sighed, not sure of the best way to tell him.

"What's going on, honey?"

You let out a sigh. "I'm pregnant."

It took him a moment, emotions changing on his face until a joyous grin curled onto his lips. Aaron jumped up onto his feet and pulled you into what felt like a bone crushing hug.

"You're really pregnant?" He grinned.

You nodded your head as he kissed your passionately.

Although you considered Jack your own child, it was still something for you to be carrying your own biological child. You knew that Jack had always wanted a sibling so you were happy to be able to tell him that the fourth member of the family would be born.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by