David Rossi- Worth It (h)

Being in the BAU was never going to be easy – the amount of horror that you had to see every day, and then to cope with it when you closed your eyes.

Sometimes you questioned as to why you actually stayed in your profession, but then you were remined of how many people you had helped in the past and had the ability to help in the future.

There were people out there that could only dream of being in a job like yours and there were people that needed help from people in a job like yours.

You just couldn't give it up.

Despite thinking about it and it keeping you up some nights, you knew full well that you would never actually go through with it.

You were on the jet with the team, on the way back to Quantico after a case that was one of the worst you'd ever experienced.

You hadn't moved from your seat the whole plane ride.

You had stayed curled up in your chair, wearing one of your boyfriend's hoodies with a fluffy blanket over you and just staring out of the window.

Your boyfriend was the one and only Spencer Reid, but due to him being injured he had stayed back in Quantico with Garcia and you wished he was with you.

Someone came and sat next to you, causing you to jump and be snapped out of your thoughts.

You turned to the person next to you, and it was David, "How're you doing?" he asked in a soft tone, knowing that the case had affected you badly.

You sighed and didn't say anything, turning back to the window.

David sighed also, placing his hand on your shoulder which made you turn back to him "Don't bottle it up. I know I'm not Spencer, but I am here if you need someone to talk to" he told you.

You smiled at him and he smiled back "Thanks Dave" you stated and he nodded in acknowledgement.

He went to get up and leave, but you placed your hand on his wrist and he sat down again.

"It's just, I know we signed up for this job and I knew what I was getting into but..." you trailed off as you spoke.

David nodded in understanding, "You find yourself wondering why you even do it anymore, you wonder if the nightmares and the visions every time you close your eyes are worth it, you debate quitting" he listed off all the things that were going through your head "But then you continue anyway, because you know that you love your job and that helping people get closure makes the job worth it" he explained in a soft tone.

David's explanation caused you to smile because you knew he was right.

~*~

Written by Hannah.