Aaron Hotchner- Interrupted (c)

You had never blamed Aaron for the fact that he was always at work. And you definitely never blamed him for the fact that any time you did have with him, you had to share with his son. His job meant a lot to him and it was incredibly important and there was no part of you that could ever bear to push a father and son that loved each other so dearly apart. It did bother you slightly that you didn't have time with your boyfriend however it made you appreciate the time that you did have with him.

For the first time in what seemed like months, you had a day that Aaron had off of work and seen as Jack was at school, the two of you were able to have some time alone.

There were no extravagant plans for your few hours alone, simply watching a couple of movies and curling up on the couch. It wasn't the perfect day but with the perfect man you had by your side it didn't matter what you did.

You were laying on the sofa with one of his arms wrapped around your shoulders as a film played on the TV in front of you when his phone began to ring.

It wasn't an overly annoying ringtone but whenever it went off it always meant something not so great. It either meant Jack needed to be picked up early from school, or it meant there was a new case that he would have to go to.

He gave you an apologetic smile as he shifted your places on the sofa to reach for the mobile on the coffee table.

Placing it to his ear he spoke. "Hotchner."

He nodded his head using minimal responses to whatever the person on the phone said.

"Okay. I'll be to the jet in an hour," he sighed before bidding his farewell.

As he put the phone down he let out a disgruntled sigh, running a hand through his hair.

"I just wanted an easy day with my girlfriend. What's so wrong with that?" He muttered to himself.

You moved slightly to rest your head on his shoulder knowing that the happiness of today as going to be cut short.

"New case?" You asked.

He nodded solemnly, turning his head to kiss your temple.

"I'm sorry to have to leave you again," he frowned.

"It's okay. Your job is important. We'll continue this when you get back. And I will spend the evening kicking Jack's arse at monopoly and definitely not buying him takeaway," you laughed softly.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you. I'm so terrible to you, yet you are so good to Jack and me," he smiled.

You shook your head kissing him lightly on the lips.

"You are a perfect Aaron and I love you. However you should get ready as you have an aeroplane to get to."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.