Luke Alvez- Aviophobia (c)

You had never been a fan of flying. Being in a tin can thousands of feet in the air didn't seem appealing by any means but it was part of your job and you had decided to grin and bear it. Your team were aware that you were scared of flying but not the extent of it. It seemed rather stupid that you could handle going into the field facing the worst of the worst in people but the journey there was resulting in you taking anxiety medication to get through it.

Since you had been part of the BAU you had been taking your medication religiously. As soon as you were told that you would be heading onto the jet you would pop your pill and the anxiety of flying would be subsided enough that no one else could even notice you were nervous, and you certainly weren't planning on letting on to the fact that you were coping with part of your job by medicating.

Your latest case had been in Wisconsin and when you had packed your stuff back up to head on the four-hour flight to Quantico, you realised that you had misplaced your medication. You searched every inch of your belongings but there was no sight of them and with the rest of the team waiting for you to head to the jet, you had to just accept you would have to fly without them.

Most of the team sat together but you headed off to the back of the jet to hope that no one would notice the distress you would feel until you landed. The take-off had left you almost in tears, your heart pounding in your chest and breathing unsteady. You had sunk down in your seat, hoping that the seat in front of you would shield you from your colleagues.

Your plan worked for a short while. Luke had gotten up to grab a drink from the trolley that was parked at the back of the jet but as he passed by your seat, he noticed how unlike yourself you seemed.

"Y/N, are you okay?" He asked.

You shot him a glare and shushed him, not wanting him to bring your state to the attention of anyone else. He slipped into the seat beside you.

"You look like you're about to pass out, what's going on?"

"Aviophobia," you squeaked.

Luke cocked an eyebrow at you. "You're scared of flying? We fly constantly and you're never like this."

You tried to take a deep breath to regulate your anxiety, but it was shakier and far more painful than you intended.

"I normally take medication, but I can't find it and I've had to just deal with it but it's so much worse than I thought it would be," you whispered, your voice hoarse and strained.

You knew he had questions but now wasn't the time to get answers or pry into why you put yourself through your biggest anxiety for the sake of your job.

There was only one appropriate question for him to ask. "How can I help?"

Instinct was all you could follow. You'd never felt so much anxiety and without being able to medicate yourself, you just needed some form of comfort, whatever felt right at the time.

"C-could you hold my hand?" You whispered.

Luke didn't hesitate to do as you asked, instantly linking his fingers with your own.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"Just talk to me, and please don't tell anyone."

He offered you a gentle smile. "Of course."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.