Spencer Reid- Stripper: Part 3 (c)

When it was your turn to go on stage it felt different. You had been working at the strip club for just over two years and other than when you first started, you had never been nervous to get up on the stage. You had hoped by the time the conversation would have had to come up, you'd have paid enough of your tuition to quit your job and hopefully have a better employment in the field of your degree that you were working on, but now Spencer knew what you did and even if you weren't ashamed of it, it still felt different that he knew.

Drinking before a performance wasn't commonplace but today you needed liquid courage. The warmth of the liquor fuelled you as you strutted onto the stage, taking in the regular drunks that sat close to the stage an unpleasant hunger in their eyes. You played right into their hand and performed as you did every night that you worked, finishing up by picking up the notes that scattered the stage along with the clothes that you had strewn across it.

As soon as you stepped off the stage towards the dressing room, one of your colleagues stopped you.

"There's a guy in booth two for you," she stated.

"Can't you do it?" You sighed. "I need to make myself presentable."

She shook her head. "Asked for you by name. Your real name."

Like most of the girls that worked there, you had a stage name to hope that it would keep a divide between you and the creeps that would want to find you outside of the club. Some of your colleagues knew your real name but you'd never come across someone visiting the club knowing who you were in the real world.

"Get him a drink," you said. "I'll be there in five."

You quickly freshened up. Getting back into your outfit and cleaning up your makeup and hair, you headed back out onto the floor, heading to the booth of the man that had requested you. You didn't know who you had expected to be there, but you would have bet all your money that it wouldn't have been your boyfriend sat there waiting for you.

"Spence?" You asked, shocked that he was staying around the club whilst he was meant to be at work, especially paying for a dance from you.

He fidgeted uncomfortably in the seat, completely out of his depth in a strip club, let alone paying for a private show. He was beyond glad that he hadn't seen him stuttering to your colleague when he requested you.

"Um... I don't really know what I'm doing here but I wanted to show you that I am okay with this and want to support you... I wasn't sure how I could do that."

You laughed at his nervous tone. "You could just tell me that. You don't have to pay me to strip for you. You're the only guy that can get that for free."

Spencer's cheeks became flushed instantly as he did his best to keep his eyes appropriately placed on your own. He tried to speak again but his words struggled to pass across his lips.

"You get flustered kissing me, Spence. It's not that I don't want you to see me naked, but I don't want it to be like this. Go back to work and I'll give you a real private show later, if that's what you really want," you smiled softly at him.

He seemed almost relieved by you turning down his lap dance. It wasn't as if it hadn't crossed his mind, especially in the last hour or so, but he didn't want it to be like this, neither of you did.

"Promise me you'll be safe," he said softly, standing up from the seat.

"Promise. I'll see you later."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.