Emily Prentiss- Kiss (c)

"Y/N," Emily called. "Can you come here for a moment?"

Your heart stopped. What did she want to discuss? Although she was your boss, you weren't fearful from a professional standpoint, you'd been working harder than ever and doubted you'd be reprimanded for your work, but that didn't mean you weren't going to be forced to discuss something personal.

Since she first joined the BAU, you'd been close friends with Emily and when she had to leave it killed you. You'd always cared for her, she was the type of woman you could see yourself with in the future, but you'd doubted she'd ever feel the same. As soon as she came back the flame relit in your heart but once again you were unable to tell her. Normally getting to spend time with her was always a bonus even if it was just professionally however after the case, you'd just gotten back from it terrified you.

You and Emily had been watching an unsub at his workplace, but you were almost caught by him. You had panicked and kissed her. Emily played along and returned the affection, but the fleeing unsub meant you had to ignore the moment of contact you had. Neither of you spoke of it on the flight home and now you feared she'd tell you she hated you for your impulsive action.

No matter your fear, you made your way to her office, saying your goodbyes to your team who were all heading home. Knocking on the open office door, you made your way in, giving Emily a gentle smile, tying not to let her see your nerves.

"We need to talk," she said softly, gesturing to the seat opposite her.

You sat down, wishing you had the courage to just run from the room and not have to put up with the hell that was about to fall upon you.

"The kiss," she sighed.

Before she could say anymore, you interjected. "I'm sorry Emily... I don't know what I was thinking. It was terribly unprofessional, and I shouldn't have done it. I was panicked and worried, but I liked you and decided to take a shot. It was a stupid shot I know... please don't fire me."

You were scared and nervous, your words spilling out of your mouth before you could think clearly about what you were saying. Emily however laughed to herself, shaking her head.

"I'm not firing you," she stated. "This isn't a professional conversation. It's far more personal and I am reassured that you say that you like me because frankly I'm quite fond of you."

"What?" You asked, your jaw almost visibly dropping.

"Maybe we could go out for dinner tomorrow night?" She offered.

"I would love to," you smiled.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.