Matthew Simmons- Daughter : Part 3 (c)

Soon after Matt had to leave the room to talk to his boss, but within a couple of hours you were being discharged from the hospital. You were told that he would be taking you home and Emily, his boss would be joining you as although she knew about the situation and knows now is a hard time, she doesn't want Matt's feelings to affect his professional life.

The two of them drove you to your quaint home. Emily agreed to stay in your living room whilst Matt followed you into Anna's bedroom.

"You have a nice home," he said awkwardly standing in the doorway as you made your way over to your daughters' crib.

You reached in and scooped up the teddy bear that you'd given her at birth to hold it tight.

"Is that the bear I got you on our first date?" He asked.

You nodded your head, turning back to him.

"You couldn't be there for her, but I wanted some element of you here. She was so young, she rarely asked questions about her dad. I told her you were busy saving princesses from dragons, but I had no idea what I was going to tell her when she got older," you sighed.

"Maybe you won't have to tell her anything," he said softly.

You cocked an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"We are going to find her Y/N," he smiled. "And I know I can't fix everything, we didn't end on the best of terms but if you wanted me to, and believe me I want to... I'd like to be part of her life. She's my daughter, and I've missed out on so much... I don't blame you for that of course, but I would really like to be her dad."

It had been so long since you convinced yourself that you hated him, that it had faded. You didn't hate him, and you had always dreamed one day he could be in her life, and you certainly wasn't going to get in the way of him being there for his daughter.

"Of course, Matt, I would never stop you from being in her life. But please get our little girl back," you smiled weakly. "Please."

Tears begun to fall again as you thought of what would happen if you never saw her again. Matt wrapped his arms around you, holding you closer than you had been held in a very long time.

"I will do everything I can to get her back."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by