Penelope Garcia- Kittens (c)

Rarely, Penelope actually had to go on cases. She liked the fact that she could do good from her little bubble in her office, and be detached from all the gross and revolting acts she was helping prevent. However it did occur once in a blue moon that she would have to go with the team and even though she still wasn't on the front line, you knew it took a toll on her.

Whilst she had been away she had been emailing you, calling you and video chatting with you, to keep you updating on how she was but also so she could think of something that wasn't involving murder or abduction or the evil in the world.

Even though she attempted to hide how it was making her feel, you knew that it was hurting her, and she was going to need more than baked goods and cuddles to make her feel better when she got home.

For the woman you love, you were prepared to do anything and everything, and it was far from a burden for you to go to a pet shop for her surprise.

The front door to your shared flat opened revealing the mismatched colours of your girlfriend's clothing. As soon as your eyes met, hers lit up and she showed you her teeth in a bright smile.

"I've missed you," she smiled throwing her arms around you in a hug, dropping her stuff onto the floor.

"I've missed you too Pen," you responded with the same smile, being happy to be enclosed in her embrace.

"What's that?"

She pulled away from the hug, turning her attention to what she could see over your shoulder. Approaching it, she inspected the small pet bed placed on the foot stool and a cat scratch placed next to it along with the packets of toys and food laying on the sofa.

"Why do we have all of this?" She questioned.

You attempted to feign innocence, keeping the soft smile on your lips, however it wasn't the case really; you were doing everything you could to hold in the giggle that wanted to escape.

Her eyes filled with more excitement at the prospect she assumed that it would explain what was going on.

"Did you buy a cat?" She grinned.

Taking her hand within yours, you dragged her to the bedroom allowing her to lay eyes on what was on top of the pillow.

Curled up were two kittens, which even in their short time in the flat had stolen your heart, and had clearly stolen hers as well.

"Kittens," she squealed.

She went to go towards them, but stopped herself not wanting to disturb them. Instead she turned around and pulled you to her once more, pressing her lips to yours firmly. When she pulled away she was still smiling.

"I know how hard the case was for you, and I thought having them here would make everything a bit better. And of course when you've got terrible cases, I'll send you the endless amount of pictures we'll take of them and afterwards you can come home and hug your cats," you smiled warmly.

"You're so amazing. Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.