Spencer Reid- Melt (h)

Christmas time had always been your favourite time of year – as a child it meant presents and a fun filled day but as you got older you grew to appreciate the time that it allowed you to spend with your family.

When you'd moved away to the States to accept your job in the BAU your only condition was that at some point over the festive period you'd be given some time off, so you could travel back home to see your family.

You knew it wouldn't always be possible to have Christmas itself off but if you could at least go home at some point in December then you were happy.

And ever since you had started dating Spencer, which the whole team had betted on, being able to go home meant so much more.

It was the only time of the year where you and Spencer could actually spend time away from work. You were lucky that the whole team understood how hard being away from the UK was, so they rarely tried to contact you about work when you were back there.

This year was your third-year spending Christmas with Spencer and by some stroke of insane luck you had managed to have time off actually on Christmas – you had no words to describe how happy you were to spend Christmas day with your family.

"It's snowed!" Isaac's voice, your 4-year-old nephew, woke you and Spencer up that morning. "It's snowed!" he continued to shout, running about your parents' house in excitement.

Spencer groaned and buried his head in your neck as he cuddled up to you from behind.

His hand came to rest on your stomach, and you rested yours over his. "I am guessing because it has snowed, we all need to get up?"

You giggled but nodded. "Snow is a big deal; you should know this by now."

"But does he have to yell it at 8am?" he questioned, trying to burrow even further into you. "We didn't exactly sleep early."

Rolling your eyes, you are laughing before turning around to move Spencer's hair out of his eyes. "And who's fault was that? Hm?"

A mischievous smirk crossed his face as he kissed you gently and then climbed out of bed. "You heard our nephew, it's snowed!"

Your heart melted at him calling Isaac his nephew too, it made you hope for a family with him one day soon as watching him with Isaac continuously made you melt.

Once the two of you had gotten dressed you both headed downstairs to the kitchen only to see Isaac running around like a mad child with one glove on and only one welly on.

He spotted you and Spencer, and he ran straight to Spencer, launching himself at him.

Luckily Spencer caught him, holding him on his hip. "Will you come outside with me Uncle Spence?"

"Is this so you can build a snowman?" you asked, managing to get Isaac's other welly on his foot.

Isaac nodded as he giggled at you putting his welly on.

"Do I get to help?" you tickled his cheek as you asked.

He shook his head with a serious look on his face. "No, I want Uncle Spence to help me."

And when your brother, Isaac's dad, asked why he only wanted Spencer to help he came out with the best response.

"You murdered my snowman last year!" he declared as he pointed at you. "You let him melt!"

Spencer burst out laughing, eventually putting Isaac down so you could both eat, and guided you to a chair.

"I wonder if Hotch would take on a snowman murder case," Spencer whispered in your ear causing you to laugh.

"Only if Isaac can consult," you replied, whispering back. "It was his snowman after all."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request,