Emily Prentiss- Animals (h)

Since you were a kid you had absolutely loved anything to do with animals – you had a house full of pets whilst you were growing up, your brother loved it too and it wasn't strange for either of you to randomly bring home a stray cat or dog.

When you moved out of your family home you had to leave all of your pets behind and that was hard. You weren't used to living somewhere that you didn't have your pets, you had grown up with them so not having them was very strange.

Every so often you would get the chance to go back home and visit, you were more excited to see your pets than you were your parents and your brother was exactly the same.

Due to having the next few days off from work, you had convinced your fiancé Emily to visit your family back home and you knew your brother was going to be there too.

The two of you were in the car and Emily had agreed to drive because you couldn't actually be bothered.

"My parents are more excited to see you than they are to see their own child" you told her as you looked up from your phone, after having received a text from your Mum.

Emily laughed and rolled her eyes "You're more excited to see the animals than your parents" she countered with a smirk on her face.

You laughed in response "I love them all so much though" you stated "It's not just me, my brother wants to see the animals too" you explained.

Emily shook her head "You and your brother are weird" she jokingly told you.

You gasped in mock surprise "Hey! You knew I was weird when you agreed to marry me" you reminded her causing her to laugh again.

"Is it too late to back out of that?" she questioned with a smile.

You pouted and looked over at her "If you don't wanna marry me then that's fine, I've got my cats" you commented before turning to look out of the window.

Emily reached over and placed her hand in yours "The cats would run away to live with me Love" she spoke with a smile on her face still.

You gasped but this time for real "They would do no such thing" you told her sternly "My cats love me and they always will" you crossed your arms as you talked.

She laughed and continued to drive "Whatever you say Y/N"

~*~

Written by Hannah.