Spencer Reid- Protect (h)

You could never have imagined that you would need to be under protection of the FBI.

And yet, for the past month you had been living in a safe house with two FBI agents.

Your older brother had been abducted just over a month ago, and the agents believed that the abductor was really looking for you but took what they could get.

It was difficult to imagine that someone would want to abduct a girl in her twenties, let alone willingly take a man who was two years older.

Over the course of that month, the BAU had been working alongside the police to follow the trail that your brother was managing to leave behind.

You knew full well that your brother was an intelligent guy, and you were surprised that he hadn't attempted to fight his way out from the abductor but under the circumstances the only thing you could figure was that h was trying to buy some form of time.

They all knew that your brother was still alive, he was actively leaving a trail for the cops to follow but they moved on too quickly for the cops to catch up.

JJ and Reid were the ones that had been staying in the safe house with you.

You'd gotten to know them both relatively well, considering the fact that you had been with them for almost a month straight.

The majority of the time there was one of them with you, as the other would have to head out to get supplies and such and actually get out of the house.

You weren't allowed to leave.

"Are you okay?" you heard Spencer ask you as he approached you in your room.

You turned to face him from your spot on the double bed whilst you had been reading.

"Mind if I sit?"

When you shook your head, he climbed onto the bed and took a seat next to you.

"So, what's wrong?"

You sighed. "What isn't wrong Spencer?"

"You know they say it's better to talk about it."

Laughing slightly at his attempt to lighten the mood, you shook your head. "What can I tell you that you don't already know?"

"I don't know what's going on up there."

You sighed again, putting your head into your hands. "I want to be able to go outside, I want to have my life back where I can go to my job and enjoy it, I want to see my brother for Pete's sake."

He cautiously placed a hand on your arm. "I know that it is difficult."

"But you can't say that you know what I am going through because you don't."

"No. I don't," he agreed with you. "However, I can try to help you as much as I can. I am here to protect you, and even that means I'm protecting your heart."

You smiled at him as he lifted his arm to pull you into his side for a hug.

"You've known me a month Y/N, and yet I already care about you so much more than someone I need to protect."

You laughed slightly. "That's something commonly known at Stockholm syndrome – however more so related to when someone has been kidnapped," you rambled a little. "However, the principle applies – the longer you are with someone, the longer you convince yourself that you may have some form of affection for them."

He chuckled, shaking his head in slight disbelief. "Never have I met someone that would act exactly like me when trying to disprove a point."

His words caused you to blush a little bit, making you turn your head away from him.

"I'll make sure we get out of this okay? You will get your brother back, he's smart and cares about you so he'll get through this," Spencer tried to reassure you as you eventually cuddled up to him. "I care about you as well, and hopefully when we're out of this whole thing – I can take you out on a proper date, where I don't need to protect you from some madman."

You sighed in contentment against his chest, feeling somewhat secure in his arms. "I'd like that Spencer."

"Just trust me on this, and know we'll do whatever to protect you."

~*~

Written by Hannah

Tumblr Request