David Rossi- Father of the Bride (c)

You smiled as your Father asked you to dance. He took your hand and led you to the dance floor, whilst you tried not to trip over your white gown.

"I'm proud of you kid," he smiled.

"Thank you Dad," you smiled back softly trying not to cry.

"I never thought I'd be able to accept your relationship with him, but he makes you so happy, I couldn't say no to your smiling face," he stated.

This only made your smile grow more.

"He's a good man. I know you know that, just you won't accept that your little girl had grown up and is now married," you chuckled, "but Dad I'll always be your little girl just now I'm your little girl with a husband."

He leaned in and kissed your hair.

"You don't understand how much I wanted to shoot him when I first met him," he sighed.

"He didn't mean to break that vase, he was nervous," you smiled softly.

"That cost more than the divorce from your Mother," he stated.

"He didn't mean to break it," you sighed, "Do you still want to shoot him?"

"If he hurts my little girl then I won't hesitate, but as long as you are both happy together I won't kill him," he shrugged.

You frowned at your Father. You knew he was serious, that he would kill him if anything happened to you because of him, but you also knew your husband would never mean to hurt you.

They didn't start of on the best foot, your husband and Father. When they first met you were only dating, and you went for dinner at your Dad's house where your now husband tripped over knocking a very dear vase over smashing it.

Luckily your relationship had developed a lot since then.

"Dad," you said in a warning tone, "you know you don't have to remind him of how many guns you own at every chance you get."

"Well I am just reminding you, so you keep him in line," he shrugged.

"He's not a dog. Can't you at least try to get along with him?" you frowned.

"We do get along. If I didn't like him do you think I would have paid out for this wedding?" he chuckled.

"I love you Dad."

"I love you too kid."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.