Aaron Hotchner- Safety (c)

Cold metal pressed to your temple. The man's arm was looped around your waist, not in the comforting way you welcomed from Aaron, but rather to cling onto you, to stop you from fleeing. His breathing was deep and scratchy, unsettling against the back of your ear.

How you ended up in this situation was beyond you. When you woke up this morning you were just going to go to work, possibly sneak a couple of kisses from your husband, talk to your colleagues before going home and having dinner with your husband and stepson. Being held as a hostage in a standoff against your team was not what you expected nor wanted.

No matter how long you were an agent in the BAU you would never truly be taught how to handle these situations. But possibly it was the buzz from the amount of sugar you ate earlier or the fact you were thoroughly pissed at being here, you weren't scared.

All you hoped was that this maniac didn't have an itchy trigger finger or your brains would be splattered everywhere. But from your team's profile of him, you didn't think he'd have the balls to kill you, he was just simply threatening you with the gun to your temple to stop him from being killed by your team.

"Look. If you kill me, you'll never walk away from this. They will take you down and you'll be locked up to never see the light of day again. However if you let me go, then you'll only be in jail for the next few of decades and you'll be out back in the world," you stated.

He was a murderer, you didn't think he should ever return to the public and you'd do everything possible to stop him from ever being released from jail, but first you had to survive.

"I'd rather not go to jail at all," he growled shakily.

The whole profile focused on his lack of certainty and lack of confidence, him pretending that he could do this was more humorous than terrifying. However you had learnt that people could be surprising and not fit the profile at all moments.

"Should've thought of that before you killed three women," you retorted.

Your team stood in front of you holding their guns strong towards you. The gun you had been holding was now to your temple. It was an ironic fate to die from your own gun. Even though Aaron stood front and centre of your team, trying to hold up a strong façade, you could see his fear and uncertainty of how this would play out. He could allow another unsub to take his wife from him.

"Don't make me kill you," the man stated shaking slightly as he tried to stay as calm as possible.

"I'm not making you do anything. You're the one with the gun," you frowned rolling your eyes.

Honestly, why would you 'make' him kill you? If you wanted to die at the hands of a maniac you would have never gotten this far into your job.

"Y/N, now is not the time to be sarcastic," Aaron hissed.

"I think now is as good a time as any. You know, my impending doom and everything. Why can't I be a little sarcy?" You retorted.

The two of you continued on like this, as they say, like a married couple.

"Just shut up," the unsub exclaimed.

In his exclamation he through his arms up. That was your chance, now that the gun was not to your temple. Spinning towards him, you gripped onto his wrist pushing his hand up so that as it fired the bullet hit the ceiling. You pulled the weapon from his hand, as you pushed his feet out from under him. As he fell forward you moved forward too, pushing your knee into his back holding your gun to the back of his head.

"Not fun is it?" You smirked.

You gestured to your team for the handcuffs. One of them passed them to you, allowing you to snap them onto his wrists. Standing up, you roughly forced him to his feet too, pushing him towards your team for them to sort him out.

Now that you were safe you rested one hand to your hip and the other ran through your hair pushing it from your sweat covered forehead.

Aaron approached you.

"That was a dangerous and stupid move Y/N. You put yourself and our team at risk," he stated keeping his normal expressionless look.

Opening your mouth, you went to argue but before any words could escape, his arms had wrapped around you and pulled you into an embrace.

"I'm glad you're safe," he whispered.

"I'm sorry."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.