Derek Morgan- Post-It (h)

It wasn't going to be a surprise that not everyone actually enjoyed going to work.

Of course, there would be a person on the odd occasion that woke up looking forward to the day of work ahead – but that was usually in its rarity.

You enjoyed where you worked and who you worked with but what you actually did could be quite gruesome from time to time.

It wasn't for someone with a weak stomach, but you eventually became somewhat desensitised to the whole thing.

It had been a relatively slow day in the bureau, just paperwork to fill out from past cases that had been completed recently.

You turned to look at your boyfriend Derek, but you were surprised when he wasn't sat in his chair.

As you quickly scanned the offices, you saw Derek chatting to a girl by the front doors and she was laughing as well as placing her hand on his arm.

You definitely weren't one to get jealous and that girl wasn't Derek's type, but it was always fun to mess with him from time to time.

When he came back you turned back to your desk, pretending to work but you pulled out a post-it note pad from your desk drawer.

Derek slid his chair over to your desk and tapped you on the shoulder, but you ignored him causing him to groan.

He tapped you again, but you still ignored him, so you grabbed the arm of your chair and twisted you around.

"Now why are you ignoring me?" he questioned, crossing his arms.

You shrugged. "Oh, I don't know, probably because you don't need to talk to me when you've got that pretty blonde over there."

Derek's mouth dropped open. "You can't be serious – you know I'm not like that."

You had to conceal your smile as you spoke your next words. "She seemed pretty friendly with you so I wouldn't be too sure."

"Baby, come on," he reached out to you, but you lightly pushed him away.

Ripping off the post-it note from the pad, you leant forward to press it to Derek's forehead.

In his confusion he pulled it off but when he looked at it, he burst out into laughter.

"I think I should superglue it to your forehead," you stated. "It does declare that you're mine after all."

He moved too quick for you to react and so before you knew it the post-it note was stuck to your forehead.

Playfully glaring at him, you pulled it off and slapped it onto his forehead for the second time.

After a few more minutes of the two of you going back and forth with the same post-it note, Derek eventually conceded.

He placed the post-it note back onto your desk as he laughed.

"Fine, fine," he told you as he held his hands up in defeat. "I'll agree to put it on for a day if you agree to me getting you a ring."

Your mouth dropped open in surprise. "Derek, we've talked about this."

He rolled his eyes. "I know we have, and I'm bringing it up again."

You smiled at him, holding out your hand. "If you want to pick one, then ask me properly."

He chuckled, pressing a kiss to your hand whilst staring into your eyes.

"And I might just say yes."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.