Spencer Reid- Delivery (h)

Family has always been something that meant a lot to you – you loved your older brother to no end, when Haley left him and then passed away you were there for him, you were the female figure in Jack's life as you lived together and it ended up with you taking care of Aaron like he was the younger one.

Aaron was worried when you got a job at the BAU, he didn't know if he could always keep you safe and whilst he was confident in your abilities, he also didn't want you getting hurt.

Your first day at the BAU was coming up – you'd been transferred from your old unit at the FBI and so no one in the Quantico unit knew about Aaron being your brother.

As you walked into the offices, you headed over to Aaron's office and knocked before entering once he told you to.

"Hey there boss," you joked with him causing him to roll his eyes.

He looked up at you but then got up from behind his desk, coming to hug you even though he saw you that morning. "Good morning, I'll show you to your desk and then we can all meet in the conference room so I can introduce you."

You nodded in agreement before following Aaron back into the bullpen, he showed you to your desk so you could put your things down and then took you to the conference room – where the rest of the team were already gathered.

When you walked in, they all looked to you in confusion, but Aaron cleared his throat.

"As you all know, we are to gain a new member to the team and so I have the pleasure of introducing her," he gestured to you as he spoke. "This is SSA Y/N Hotchner."

You gave them all a small wave and a smile, but then the questions started as to your last name.

"We didn't know you were seeing someone Hotch!" a black man from the corner spoke up.

A woman with long blonde hair agreed with him. "It's a surprise to say the least."

You shook your head as they continued speaking. "I'm Aaron's younger sister, it's nice to meet you all."

"How did we not even know you had a sister!" another woman with straight black hair commented.

Your brother chuckled, showing you to a seat next to a young man with curly brown hair.

Aaron took his place at the front of the room, next to a large screen. "It never came up," he responded to the black-haired woman's comment. "But I hope you treat her like just another member of the team."

Since that day you had been treated just like that.

Everyone was absolutely lovely to you, welcoming, friendly and all seemed to be impressed at how quickly you settled in.

You found out that your desk was next to Spencer's which you were definitely happy with as you had a little bit of a crush on him.

Aaron had taken Jack away for the weekend, to go and do some father/son bonding thing, so that left you in the house all by yourself.

Luckily you and Spencer had struck up a friendship and knowing that he didn't have any plans for the weekend you invited him over.

You were somewhat surprised when he agreed as he was aware that Aaron wasn't around but as far as you knew he didn't know about your feelings towards him.

When you answered the door to Spencer you were only dressed in one of Aaron's old t-shirts and some gym leggings, but Spencer admired your outfit, nonetheless.

"Hi! Come on in," you told him as you greeted him.

He smiled at you before the two of you walked into the living room.

"I'm sorry for such the late invite but I forgot how much being in an empty house creeps me out," you admitted to him as you both sat on the sofa.

He chuckled. "You're an FBI agent but you're no match for an empty house," he joked with you.

You laughed along with him. "In my defence, this house makes some super weird noises."

"There's someone living in your walls for sure," he told you, but you shoved his arm, making him laugh even more.

"Don't say that! That just makes it worse!"

After a while of joking around, you both decided that it would be time for food and so you ordered in.

When the delivery guy got there, you went to answer the door but when you did, you regretted it.

There was one particular delivery guy at the place you always used that enjoyed hitting on you, despite telling him multiple times not to.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," he commented as his eyes raked across your body making you feel very uncomfortable – unlike the way Spencer had looked at you earlier that evening.

You sighed, holding your hand out for the food. "How much is it? I'll go and grab my purse."

He didn't hand you the food but tapped his finger to his lips. "If you give me a kiss you won't have to pay anything."

Unbeknownst to you, Spencer could hear every word being spoken from the living room and he was most definitely not happy about the situation.

Before you could answer the man, Spencer came up behind you and wrapped his arm around your waist with surprising familiarity.

"Or you could just give us the food and we'll pay you," he stated in a stern tone.

The delivery guy was shocked at the appearance of Spencer and didn't say anything at all for a few moments.

Spencer sighed exasperatedly, taking the food out of the delivery guy's hands before handing it to you and taking out his wallet.

He pressed a $20 note into the man's hand before promptly shutting the door in his face.

You stood there stunned. "What just happened?"

Spencer chuckled slightly, running a hand through his hair. "He did not deserve that tip."

Not being able to help it you just started laughing before going on your tiptoes to kiss Spencer's cheek. "Thanks for dealing with him for me."

He smiled at you as a blush crossed his cheeks. "I hope I didn't cross a line there," he stated, and you knew he was referring to putting his arm around you.

You shook your head, deciding to be brave as you slipped your hand into Spencer's. "Not at all, in fact I quite enjoyed it."

Spencer intertwined your fingers and squeezed your hand gently. "That's a relief," he smiled at you with affection in his eyes as he spoke. "Because I did too."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.