Aaron Hotchner- Dinner (c)

Dinner with your mother was normally a tense affair. You got along with her well, but it often felt like a job interview than dinner with a parent. Tonight, was only going to be worse. You had been in a serious relationship for about six months, and you hadn't introduced him to your mother yet- partially due to knowing no one would be good enough for her daughter, but mainly because they already knew each other.

When you first met Aaron, you knew he worked in the FBI, but it wasn't until a couple of months into the relationship that you found out he works in the BAU, where your mother was section chief. You had already started falling for him and you didn't want your mother to get in the way of another relationship but there was only so much time you could spend hiding the fact that they had this personal connection.

You had called your mother to invite her over for dinner to meet your boyfriend and she suggested that she invited her new boyfriend so the four of you could all be introduced. You felt bad for the poor guy that he was getting roped into this likely terrible dinner.

Aaron arrived first, assuring you that everything would be fine, ignoring the fact that you had practically chugged your glass of wine, to try and numb the anxiety.

When the doorbell rung, it felt as though your heart jumped up into your throat. Aaron gave your hand a gentle squeeze before practically dragging you to the front door, opening it to your demise.

Your mum's mouth opened, the words lost to her as she stared, baffled by the people she saw.

"Aaron?" She demanded.

"Erin?"

"David?" You questioned.

"Y/N."

The four of you stood staring at each other, three FBI agents and the scared woman that had arranged the dinner.

"Mum, come in," you squeaked, scurrying from Aaron's side, hoping that if you didn't look at your mother, she wouldn't implode.

"You're with Aaron Hotchner?" Your mother shouted after you.

You let out the breath you had been holding. "Evidently. And you're with David Rossi... it's a small world... or a small office."

You heard David whisper something, likely to try and calm your mother, before someone offloaded the weapon that you knew all three of them practically always had on them.

"Y/N," David smiled. "Why don't we grab some wine for us all, and leave these two to get... for the lack of better words... acquainted?"

A nervous grin curled upon your lips. "Perfect idea."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested