Emily Prentiss- Daughter (c)

In your line of work, it was nice when there was good news. As every day you worked around those whom were in danger or staring death in the face, it was nice if there could be a happy ending. Your lives had also fallen into a similar dark theme that the lives of those involved in the cases you worked had to experience. There were the odd happy moments that you or your colleagues experienced and today was one of those days.

You worked with your wife Emily at the BAU. It surprised you that your relationship had stayed so strong throughout the years. Yes, you loved Emily with all of your heart, however being in the field together and watching so many lives be ruined or end, it didn't seem like ta place for a romance to prosper. Lucky for the two of you it had, although working together wasn't going to be something that would continue for much longer.

The two of you entered the office that you worked in, trying your best to keep your secret, knowing the rest of your colleagues were in the briefing room due to you lying about a case coming up to get them all together in the room. Only your boss knew of what had been going on, allowing the two of you time off (although you lied to everyone else about it being illness or family emergencies) along with allowing you to take a further extended leave from your work.

As you entered the briefing room, everyone turned your head to look at you.

"You're both late," Derek stated.

"Not really," Emily responded.

You did your best to hold the blanketed bundle in your arms, whilst hiding what was inside although you were sure everyone had guessed by now.

"We actually arranged for everyone to meet here. There isn't a case, but we have some news," you smiled at them.

"Is that..." JJ trailed off.

"We have been lying to you all for a while," Emily started.

"Hotch knew what was going on. But all the illness and family emergencies that had occurred recently, hadn't," you explained.

Emily couldn't help the beaming smile on her face as she continued to speak.

"We have been working on a new step in our lives. We have adopted a baby girl. And we finally wanted to introduce you to Y/D/N," she smiled.

Your colleagues all seemed shocked, having not expected such news. JJ was the first to her feet, reaching her hands out as though to ask if she could hold the baby, which you allowed her to.

"Oh, she's so beautiful," JJ smiled. The others surrounded her complimenting your daughter and congratulating the two of you as Emily held onto your hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze to encourage you to tell them the rest of the news.

"There's more," you whispered.

You gained the attention of your colleagues once more.

"Today is also my last day in the BAU. I am taking a while off of work. At least a few months to settle in Y/D/N, but Emily and I agreed that it is for the best for one of us to stop our work her for at least a little time, and I chose to leave so Emily can stay."

With that a conversation erupted, with your colleagues being shocked to know this was to be the last time you worked together although you were sure you would visit.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.