Jennifer Jareau- Baby (c)

Your smile stretched across your face as you held onto your wife's hand. You had never felt so much joy before. The midwife handed her the baby as the blond smiled up at you.

It felt as though you heart was swelling at the sight of your child. Neither of you were certain who was biologically related to your child, but that was what made it even nicer. You didn't need to know. It made you both equally the child's Mother, and you were both going to love them unconditionally.

She cuddled the bundle of joy to her chest. You sat on the edge of the bed next to her wrapping an arm around her shoulders, lying as close as you could to her frame.

"He is beautiful," you smiled softly, not being able to take your eyes off of your baby.

"I know. I didn't realise anything could be so adorable and innocent looking," JJ smiled.

She looked up at you. Her hair was clinging to her face with sweat, and although she had been through hours of agonizing labour, she was still the beautiful wife you loved, and you could never thank her enough for bringing your son into the world.

You leaned down pressing your lips to her damp forehead.

"Our lives are going to be completely different now with our baby. But it is all for the better," you whispered, "We are now a proper little family."

Together you were squashed onto the small hospital bed with your small child bundled in your arms. Both of you had cuddled your son in your arms.

Never in your relationship had you found a moment where you would be able to sit in silence without speaking to one another, without attempting to form conversation. But with a mixture of JJ's tiredness, and both of you being overly happy in simply just looking at the chubby face of your sleeping baby.

After quite a while of cuddling up as a family, JJ's eyelids were closing, and it was clear she was fighting to stay awake. You yourself were slowly falling asleep also.

You carried your child carefully hoping not to wake him going to lie him in the small hospital crib, for him to be taken to the nursery by one of the midwives. Although it tore at your heart to let him go, you knew you had a long future of being his Mother, so a few hours was going to be fine.

Once your son was lying down you went back over to your half asleep wife, kissing her lips softly. You had no plans to leave currently, you just wanted to allow her to sleep, whilst you went to sit in the air chair in the corner of the room, to allow yourself to fall into a peaceful slumber.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.