Derek Morgan- Congratulations (h)

You had been married for the past two years or so, after dating for three years, and you definitely wanted to start a family with your husband – of course, the two of you had spoken about it and decided that it would be amazing, but you'd been struggling.

It hadn't been easy, the whole trying to get pregnant thing, but your doctor had reassured you that everything was fine with both you and your husband.

Now, for the past few days you had been feeling pretty under the weather. There was that little inkling in you, more that little bit of hope, that suggested pregnancy so you'd caved and bought a pregnancy test whilst your husband was at work.

After waiting for the required time, you were able to check the test. When picking it up, you were met with two vertical lines which meant that you were pregnant.

Happy was an understatement.

Your only dilemma was that your husband's colleague didn't know about you, like at all. Derek had never been one to publicise his relationship, even the wedding was a small affair as you didn't want to make a fuss so it was in Derek's home town.

Derek rarely wore his wedding ring on his left hand, he wore his wedding ring on his right ring finger so that he could still wear it but not attract as much attention.

It surprised you that his team, being profilers and all, hadn't figured out that he was married.

You weren't prepared to wait for Derek to get home to tell him, as you had no clue when his next case would be. Which meant that you made the decision to grab your stuff, including the test, and drive over to the FBI Headquarters of Quantico to find your husband.

The drive was full of anticipation; you knew that Derek would be ecstatic but you still had to meet his colleagues after just over five years of being in a relationship.

You pulled up outside the offices, and parked on the side of the road as you wouldn't be able to get into the car park. You walked into the reception, and flashed a badge that Derek had gave you which meant that you could get into HQ with no questions asked – you didn't really understand how that was achieved, but he figured something out for you so you were grateful.

Going into the lift, you pressed the correct button and waited for the lift to reach its destination. You fiddled with your rings as you waited, it had become a habit of yours considering you were nervous a lot as a result of Derek's job but you loved him anyway.

When you walked into the BAU, you asked a random person to tell you where Derek Morgan's team would be and they pointed to a conference room.

You made your way over, and knocked on the door before opening it.

Everyone in the room turned to look at you, including Derek, who got out of his chair almost immediately "Why are you here? You usually call? What's happened? Are you okay?" Derek fired questions at you, completely forgetting about the rest of the people in the room.

Instead of answering him, you reached into your bag and produced the test for your husband to see.

"Are you serious? Don't tell me this is a joke Y/N" he stated and you just smiled, Derek pulled you into a hug as you laughed at his actions.

Someone cleared their throat from behind the two of you. Derek let you go, and turned to face the team "Uh this is my wife, Y/N" Derek introduced you and you weakly waved at the people in the room.

"You're married?!" A woman with bright blonde hair, and rather colourful clothes, said sounding surprised. You realised that she was Penelope, the technical analyst that Derek had a great friendship with.

"Yes, for two and a bit years now" Derek confirmed with a smile, putting his arm around your shoulder and pulled you into his side.

You patted Derek's chest as you smiled at his colleagues "I do apologise for not making Derek let me meet you," you apologised to everyone "He was apprehensive considering his job, which I understood" you explained, expecting frowns but you were met with smiles.

Derek's boss, Aaron Hotchner, stepped forward "It is better late than never" he joked which seemed to surprise the team.

"Today must be some sort of gift, considering Derek finally got up the guts to introduce us to the girl who is his lock screen" the youngest man in the room spoke up, he was Spencer Reid or as Derek named him 'Pretty Boy'.

"Every new day is a mystery" you said shrugging, and Derek nodded in agreement with you.

Derek pressed a kiss to the top of your head, "It definitely is now, with this little one on the way" he spoke in an adoring tone as he placed his hand on your stomach.

Derek's colleagues quickly deduced what was going on, and within seconds you were surrounded by hugs and words of congratulations.

You'd never had a stronger sense of family until that moment.

~*~

Written by Hannah.