Jack Hotchner- Babysitting (c)

You handed Aaron his suit jacket as he fumbled round in a last minute panic. He had been called in on a case at the last minute, meaning he had to leave. You didn't like that he had to leave a lot but you understood and would never make a fuss of it.

"I'm so sorry. I'll phone Jessica and she'll be here soon to take Jack," He stated.

"It's okay Aaron. I can take care of Jack, it'll give us a chance to get to know each other, as long as that's okay with you and Jack," you smiled softly.

"You don't have to," he sighed.

"Nonsense. I'd love to, you should get to work," you smiled pressing your lips to his.

"Be good for Y/N, kiddo." Aaron said kissing Jack's hair before saying goodbye and running from the house.

As soon as we heard the door close the room was filled with an awkward silence.

"So, what would you like to do?" you asked awkwardly.

"Do you want to play Top Trumps?" He asked.

"Sure."

He nodded running off to his room and bringing back a few backs of top trumps. He lay them out on the table.

"Which one do you want to play?"

You looked at the various pack, and picked one up.

"Marvel?"

He nodded.

You began to play.

Nothing else was said other than what was required for the game.

As the round ended he looked up at you.

"Y/N, can I ask you something?" he asked softly.

You smiled at him, "of course, you can ask me anything."

It felt nice that he wanted to talk with you. You didn't feel that he didn't like you but you didn't talk too often, and he didn't always seem very fond of you.

"Do you love my Dad?" he asked.

You were slightly taken back by this question. You didn't think he would ask you that. You expected it to be a simple question maybe about school, but you didn't expect him to talk to you about your relationship with his Dad.

"Yes. I love your Dad very much."

"Good. He loves you a lot."

You grinned. He'd said he loved you multiple times but it felt nice that his son had told you that.

"Are you okay with me and your Dad? I know you got along with Beth really well, and I don't want you feeling like I am trying to replace her or your Mum," you said softly.

"I liked Beth. But I like you too. You make my Dad happy, and that makes me happy."

Your smile grew. You felt so privileged to be becoming part of this family.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.