Derek Morgan- Birth (c)

You didn't blame your husband for not being there during the birth of you child. Derek worked for the FBI and worked across the country for days at a time. He had wanted to work from the office for the current case that the team were on but you insisted that it would be fine for him to travel two states over for a couple of days as you weren't due for three weeks. Now you looked like a fool as your husband was chasing a serial killer when your contractions hit. You tried to contact Derek but couldn't get through so instead got hold of Penelope who passed on the message along with meeting you at the hospital.

She held your hand throughout your labour and assured you that Derek was on his way but you knew the flight would be a few hours and you were hoping that your labour wasn't going to be that long. Several hours later, a lot of swearing and many tears, your daughter was curled up in a blanket in your arms whilst Penelope sobbed to herself.

It wasn't long after you had your child in your arms that your husband burst through the doors with his colleagues hot on his toes.

"Derek," you smiled softly, glad that he was there.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't here," he apologised, rushing to your side, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "I knew I shouldn't have gone on that case."

You waved your hand dismissively. "That doesn't matter any longer but there is someone that you should meet. Your daughter has been waiting to say hello."

His smile grew as he looked down at the small bundle in your arms, his hand moving to stroke her sleeping cheek.

"You did good baby," he grinned, pressing his lips to your cheek. "She's beautiful."

"Our lovely Y/D/N Penelope Morgan," you smiled fondly at your daughter as you passed her over to her father to allow him his first of many cuddles with the little girl.

"Penelope?" She asked, referring to her name sake.

"We both agreed that we wanted our daughter to be named after her amazing auntie and godmother, if you'd like to be that is," you said gently.

From her expression you would have guessed that she was far more happy about the birth than either you or Derek but that didn't matter, you were just happy to have your little girl as part of your family and it seemed everyone else felt the same too.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.