Emily Prentiss- Fortune Cookie (c)

Tonight you were having a girl's night with Emily, Penelope and JJ. It was a rare occurrence that you could have a girl's night, between work being busy; JJ being able to get a babysitter or Will not working; Emily getting a cat sitter and you all being bothered to go out.

Well you didn't decide to go out. You had decided to order in Chinese and drink some wine together at your home. It was fun and different from your nights out to a bar, or simply only getting to spend time together at work.

Only one thing slightly bothered you. JJ and Penelope had both knew about your interest in your brunette colleague whom was sat opposite you on the sofa.

With your meals you had received fortune cookies. You were by no means superstitious and never believed what you read on the fortune, but they were simply a bit of fun.

"What does yours say Y/N?" Penelope asked you.

You cracked the small shell, sliding the piece of paper out of the crumbling casing. You unfolded it and read the small black print aloud, "The one you love is closer than you think."

JJ gave you a knowing look but you brushed it off quickly. After chatting for a while longer, Emily excused herself to use the bathroom.

"So when are you going to tell her?" JJ questioned, leaning forward in her seat.

"I'm not. She will never like me in return. Why would she see me as anything other than and colleague and a friend?" You sighed.

"Don't be stupid. When will you finally take the step and admit your feelings for her?" Penelope frowned.

"When I get a sign," You laughed.

There wouldn't be a sign. There wasn't really such a thing, but maybe if there were something debatable as a sign you would get the courage to tell Emily your true feelings.

They both frowned for a moment before JJ grinned like a mad woman.

"The cookie."

"What?" You asked furrowing your eyebrows.

"The fortune cookie. It told you love was close."

You took a moment to think. Maybe it was the alcohol you had consumed talking, but it sounded like a good enough reason. Emily walked back into the room.

"Hey Em, would you like to help me get some more drinks?" You smiled at her.

"Sure," She nodded.

Together you walked to the kitchen, with JJ and Penelope giving you encouraging smiles and thumbs up as you left the room.

You grabbed the bottle of wine before turning to her nervously.

"I had an ulterior motive to ask you to help. Um... I wanted to tell you something," You said biting onto your lower lip.

"What is it?" She asked with a soft smile.

"I've wanted to tell you this for a while. JJ and Penelope have been trying to get me to tell you, Rossi as well. I don't know how he knew, he just did. But I didn't think you could ever feel the same, but I said I wanted a sign and the fortune cookie, so I thought why the hell not. I like you Emily. And I am sorry if I have completely ruined our friendship, or made working together awkward," You sighed.

A smile toyed at her lips, "How long have you felt that way."

"Since we first met."

She let out a laugh. Emily leaned in cupping your cheek with her hand, pressing her lips to yours in a short and soft kiss.

"We are both fools," She laughed still holding your cheek, "I have felt the same since we met. If only one of us had said it sooner."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.