~Chapter31~

Ethan doesn't trust Daniel because he loves Cherie, but she doesn't know about this.

"Why not, Ethan? Daniel seems like a good person."
"We're not sure about that yet."
"What else do you need Ethan?"

He sighed.

"Nothing, nevermind."
"Can we go back now?"
"Yes, we could."

So we went back to the arcade to play various games. Ethan and Daniel played basketball. While me and the girls are taking selfies.

"Hey, Cherie, watch me play," Daniel and Ethan said at same time.
"Okay," I said as I watched them throw the balls inside the hoop.

Daniel's really good at this and Ethan too. If they confess their feelings someday. Who will I choose? I like Daniel but I also like Ethan. I don't know, maybe I'm just thinking about too much. But I hope they will not fight just because of me.

"Hey, Cherie I got this for you." Ethan said holding a giant pink teddy bear.
"Awe, Ethan, that's so sweet of you. Thank you. I love it, it's so adorable." I said as I hugged the stuffed toy.
"You're welcome, Cherie."

Then Daniel bought some popcorn and cotton candy. Then he went near her to give it to her.

"Cherie, here eat some popcorn and here's some water for you."

I put the teddy bear down for a moment and accepted the food given to me by Daniel.

"Daniel do you mind if I share this with Ethan? I'm not that hungry anyway."
"Yeah sure," he said pretending not to get annoyed.
"Thanks."

I went back to Ethan to share my cotton candy with him. Marie and Clarie and Harris finished the game. Afterwards, they went near us,

"The game zombies 2 was brutal. I almost died killing them all."
"Yeah, it sure is. Did you have fun Harris?"
"It's cool. Except you two were screaming the whole time." he said and we laughed.

Then I noticed Marie, Clarie and Harris were done playing the zombie game.

"How was it you guys? Did you have fun killing all those zombies?"
"Yeah."

At the same time, Ethan and Daniel were bowling.

"I think the two won't stop competing with each other till you choose one winner, Cherie." Marie said to me.

"I cannot choose between the two of them."
"Okay, I'll put a stop to this."
"Stop, competing you two, we came here to have fun and enjoy ourselves." Marie said to the guys.
"You know she's right. I'm sorry Cherie,"
"I'm sorry, too. I didn't realize that things were getting out of hand. But I still don't trust him."
"Okay, fair enough."
"I'm getting bored here, come on, girls let's go window shopping and buy stuff. Ethan, Harris, Daniel do you want to come with us?"

"I'm coming with you Cher Cher."
"Okay, Tan Tan, then let's go."
"Um, I should probably get going,'' Harris said.
"Bye, Har Har."
"Come on, Daniel let's go."

He looked back then walked away.
"Bye, Cherie, see you at school."
"Oh yeah bye, and Harris can you be my lab partner again in the next science lab pairings."
"Sure, but it's not up to me it's up to our science teacher."
"I hope it's you, you're so good at science last time."
"Yeah, you too. We make a good team." he said we and we high five.
"Okay, see you at school, bye, Harris bye, Daniel." I said and we left.

After Cherie and her friends left. Daniel feels so jealous about how Cherie called Harris, he completely felt left out.

"Come on, Daniel, want to grab a drink?"
"No, thanks I'm going home." he said, kind of irritated.
"Daniel, is there a problem?"
"Nothing, I got to go." he said leaving.
"Okay bro, see you at school."

Daniel was walking to the bus stop until he saw Sofie he was startled and taken aback. Good thing she wasn't looking. Then Daniel got on the bus. He sat in front and paid for the bus fee.

Sofie got on the bus too. He covered his face so as not to get notice. Soffie passed him and she sat at the back of Daniel and was looking at the window.

He just ignored that she was there and thought about how Cherie gave a nickname to Harris, why does Cherie make my heart hurt? Why did Cherie give Harris a nickname and not me and they talk about how they want to be lab partners again.

Soffie heard a familiar voice from the front. Then he saw me talking to myself. She giggled.

"Hi, Daniel, how are you?"
"Oh, Sofie I didn't know you were here?"
"Yeah, I came back two days ago."
"Oh, I see, well, I Uh, she's so pretty. Snap out of it, Daniel! Get to your senses.
I snapped back to reality.

"You haven't changed Daniel, you're still the Daniel I knew before." She said as she giggled.
He looked back.
"Oh, it's you."
"Yeah, it's me Daniel." She said as she smiled at me. "So how are you?"
"I'm fine."
"Oh, so do you have a girlfriend yet."
"No, only a crush."
"What's she like?"
"She likes math. She's kind, pretty and smart and oh she doesn't know I like her."
"Hmm, let me guess it's Cherie, isn't it?"
Daniel was surprised.
"How did you find out?"
"Well let's say I have my ways."
"Your not going to tell Cherie I like her, are you?"
"No, it's not as if I'm her best friend or something. I'll keep your secret if you can answer this question."
"Am I Cherie's best friend? Just choose between yes or no."
"No,"
"You're wrong, I'm her best friend."
"Well, looks like you lost Daniel. I'm going to tell Cherie you like her."
"No, she cannot know I like her.
"Please don't tell her. Sofie I'm begging you."
"Daniel, come down, even if I told her she wouldn't believe me cause she doesn't know what is the feeling of love cause it's not in her mind yet. Its not because she doesn't like you but I'm sure she will able to see that someday when she's ready."
"Oh, I see."
"Oh and Daniel I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"For ignoring you before I didn't know you had a thing for me not until grade4."
"It's alright, it's all in the past anyway."
"So no hard feelings, we're still friends."
"Of course."

The bus stopped.

"Oh, Daniel this is my stop, bye I'll see you again." She said and waved goodbye. She got down and the bus drove off. After a few minutes, the bus stopped once again. She's hasn't changed a bit she is still so pretty. Ahh snap out of it.

He went down and walked home and he arrived after fifteen minutes. He grabbed the key from his pocket and went inside. Leah saw him and greeted him.

"Hi, sweetie, how was your day?"
"It's fine, I guess?"
"Is something the matter?"
"If I tell you will you be able to help me with it?"
"Try me, of course I can."
"Okay, here goes,"
"I'm all ears."