~Chapter57~

Before they woke up.
Cherie's mom went inside the house and saw them together. She smiled.

    "Awe. That's so cute," she said to herself as she took a photo of them and went to her room. Afterwards, she gently closed the door behind her.

I stretched my arms as I woke up. Then, I realized that I wasn't in my room. After a while, I remembered that we were on the couch. I saw Ethan beside me still asleep.

I looked around to see where I was. Did I sleep on his chest last night? If not, then why am I here with him?

I was breathing heavily so I calmed myself down for a bit. Then I went to the bathroom to wash my face. Afterwards, I grabbed the nearby towel and wiped myself dry and went out. I saw Ethan still sleeping peacefully on the couch. I just smiled at him and caressed his face. He suddenly fluttered his eyes open. I quickly removed my hand from his face and said.

     "Ethan, are you awake?"
     "Yeah, so did you enjoy last night?" He asked with a smile.
     "What do you mean?"
     "Oh, you know. The games we played last night."
     "Yeah, it was fun."
     "It sure was."
     "Um, Ethan?"
     "Hmm?"
      "Did I make a mistake last night that I don't remember?"
      "No, you did not."
      "Are you sure?"
      "Yes," he said as he nodded.
      "Okay then."
      "Then, I'll see you later."
      "Sure, Cherie." he said, kissing my forehead.

Ethan left and went home. What day is today? It's Friday so there'll be no classes tomorrow.

Today is only a half day of classes because the teacher said they'll have a conference meeting later. So I walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I started to scrub some soap on my body then I shampooed my hair, I used my rose scented shampoo and I put on my hand and massaged it against my hair. Then I rinse it off with cold water.

After I was done, I took a towel and wrapped it around my body. As I stepped out of the bathroom I thought about what my outfit for today will be. I decided to wear my pink rose crop top and my pink skirt with roses on it so it'll match. I'm glad mom bought this for me and for my shoes I'll just wear my light pink and white rubber shoes. Lastly, I got my pink and white sling bag and put my notebooks that I need. It's a good thing that my books are in my locker at school.

I looked at the mirror and put on my pink heart clips on each side of my hair before heading out. I went downstairs to see mom and dad doing their usual jobs. Mom is cooking while dad is reading a newspaper. I then got down and saw mom holding her phone to dad while dad smiled.

     "What's going on?" I ask.

She showed me the photo of me and Ethan sleeping together.

    "Awe, Cherie, you and Ethan are cute together."
    "Where did you get that?"
    "I took a photo of you and Ethan just a while ago. While you and Ethan were soundly asleep."
    "Mom, why would you do that?"
    "Because I thought it's cute, it still reminds me of the old days when you and he were still little. You often slept on his chest like this."
    "Mom, it's not like that."
    "Then what?"
    "We were just tired, that's all."
    "Was it?"
    "Yes, mom."
    "Mom, you don't plan to show it on social media. Do you?"

She smiled.

    "Of course not honey, I'll just post it and not tag anyone."
    "You better not." I said, with a smile, I continued. "Bye mom and dad, I'll see you later."

I then grab an apple from the counter and run outside to catch the bus. I saw Daniel with an empty seat. I sat beside him.

     "Hi, Daniel?"
     "Oh hi, Cher?"
     "I'm sorry I didn't answer the call yesterday, because Ethan and I were having too much fun yesterday. By the way, why did you call?"
     "Cherie, do you even care what my feelings are to you."
     "Daniel, I don't understand what you are saying?"
     "I mean, I already confessed my feelings for you, didn't I?"
     "You did? When?"
     "You know what? Just forget it."
     "Why are you getting angry at me?"
     "Because you don't know anything."
     "Are you saying I'm dumb?"
     "No, it's not, that I."
     "I think it's best if you leave me alone for a while."
     "Cherie, I'm sorry, I don't understand why I am being so complicated. But I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings."
     "It's okay, but you can discuss it with your friends or better yet tell them to me."

    "Then can I tell you that I like you? No, I love you." Daniel thought to himself before having a deep sigh.

     "I'm sorry, if I didn't teach you math lately. I know you've been upset with me ever since I didn't come to the rooftop to teach you math."
      "No, Cherie, it's okay. I should be the one who should be apologizing because I got angry at you for no reason. I'm sorry if I acted weird just now."
     "It's okay. I'll see you then."
     "Okay, I'll see you later."

The bus then stopped. We got down and walked inside. I saw Marie and Claire waving at me so I went near them.

      "Hi, guys!"
      "Oh, hey Cherie! You're just in time, school is about to start."
     "Really? Come on, let's head inside."
     "Okay, Let's go."

Then we walk inside the school and head for our lockers. We went to our lockers and gathered our things.

     "Hey, guys, what's your subject today? Mine's English."
     "Mine is math."
     "P.E."
     "Okay, then, see you guys later."

We separated and  I'm on my way English class. Just then Tony came and blocked my way.
I looked up and saw him. With a sigh, I said:

     "What do you want this time Tony?"
     "I want you to kiss me and I'll leave you alone."
     "I don't kiss anyone. Rather than the man I love and that's not you. So just beat it or should I call the principal for you to leave me alone.” I said and hissed at him.
     "Oh, yeah?" He said and pinned me to the lockers. He was leaning in. I turn my head to avoid contact.

Just then Daniel saw me with Tony and he saw me pinned to the lockers. He then came up to Tony and punched him on the face which Tony returned with a punch of his own.

Both of them stagereed as they glared into each other. With a scoff, Tony said:

      "It's not over Cherie, I will make you mine."

Then Daniel did something I thought he wouldn't do. He kissed me in front of Tony.

I was rooted in my place as he kissed me. Our other classmates saw it and they were so shocked that they couldn't utter a word. As he kissed me, I felt a spark between us and I didn't want it to stop. I felt butterflies in my stomach which was put into a halt then he pulled away from me.

But why do I not feel it when Ethan kissed me? It's weird, I don't understand why? Is it because Ethan is just my best friend?

Then Daniel said to Tony,

     "Cherie's my girl, if you try to bother her again. I'll beat the f*********** out of you. So don't try to come near her, you got that?"

When I heard those words from him, I felt safe and assured at the same time.
He ignored Daniel's words and walked away. I still cannot believe he would stand up for me like that. He was so cool.

     "Cherie, are you okay?"
     "Yeah, well thank you for standing up for me."
     "It's fine."
     "But Daniel, why did you do that?"
     "Do what?"
     "Why did you kiss me and tell everyone at school that I'm your girl."
     "Are you not?"
     "Of course not. Next time don't catch me off guard or I might just slap you."
     "Sorry, Cherie. I just got a little carried away earlier."

I sighed and just said.

     "Just don't do it again."
     "Alright, I'm sorry."
     "I'm late for class, I got to go and thanks again earlier."

He smiled and said.

     "It's no problem Cherie."

I looked back at him and smiled.