~Chapter61~

Ethan saw me and greeted me.

    "Hi, Cherie."
    "Oh, hi, Ethan."
    "So, how was school?"
    "It's fine, but. Nevermind."
    "Come on, Cherie, tell me. Did something happen?"

He really knows me if I have a problem.

     "Cherie, tell me."
     "Okay, I just missed you."
     "Awe, Cherie." He gave me a hug. We hugged then we pulled away.
     "Ethan."
     "Yes, Cherie?"

I looked down and he lifted my chin up for me to look at him.

     "Cher, I know you have a problem, what is it."
     "Come on, let's go inside I'll tell you."

So we went inside. "Just a sec. I'll just go change in my room."

     "Okay. I'll be waiting."

So I went upstairs to my room and changed into my homewear which is a white tank top and shorts. Then I look at myself in the mirror. I just put a little more lip tint on. Then I went downstairs and I saw Ethan sitting on the couch. I sat beside him and he asked me.

   "All done?"
   "Yeah."
   "Wow, you look pretty Cher."
   "Oh, do I? Thanks."
   "So, what's bothering my best friend today?"
    "It's just that.... I think someone wants me for fun."
    "What? Who's the guy?"
    "He's a college student like you and he likes badminton."
    "Can you describe him to me?"
    "Well, he's tall, has brown hair, blue eyes and fair skin."
    "Xian. That jerk. Xian, he's the most popular boy in college and he wants to have some fun with girls by sleeping with them. That's why Cherie, be careful. I'll talk to Xian tomorrow and give him a warning not to mess with you."
    "Ethan, me and Xian, played badminton earlier and he seems weird and he keeps calling me little girl."

He sighed.

     "What else did he do?"
     "Nothing much, we just chat a bit, that's all."
     "Oh, Okay Cherie, listen to me, don't see him anymore if you don't want to be in danger and Xian won't stop unless he gets what he wants. So better be careful of him, okay?"
     "Okay, I'll be careful around him."
     "That's good." He said and patted my head.

Then Sunnie came out of her room and went downstairs. She saw me and Ethan in the living room.

    "Cherie, I have to go." Ethan said to me.
    "Already? But it's still early. I know how about we watch a movie and I'll make some popcorn and chicken."
    "But Cherie, I'm busy and my mom asked me to clean up Jennie's room again."
    "Oh okay then, see you tomorrow then. I love you my bestfriend."
    "I love you too. Cherie,"

He kissed my forehead.

    "I promise you nothing bad will happen, as long as I'm here." He said as he hugged me before pulling away after a while.
    "Thanks, Ethan, I'll see you tomorrow."
    "Okay." He said I then went inside.

I locked my room.

Ahh Ethan why are your actions affecting me so much and why do I think of you lately? Was it because your words give me a sense of comfort whenever you're there? I can smile easily and I feel protected by your side. Am I starting to fall for you without even realizing it. But why does my heart seem to feel confused at all about this?

I wanted to stop thinking about him so I decided to read some books just to get my mind elsewhere. After reading, I went to the bathroom to wash my face after that I checked on my social media account. There's Ethan. I saw him message me.

He's quick I can give him that. Although we just met a moment ago. Why would he suddenly miss me? I thought.

    "Hi, Cherie, I miss you already?"

    "But we just met just a moment ago."

    "Yeah, but you're not here with me so I miss you."

    "Very funny Ethan, I know you're just saying that to me so I can talk to you longer."

    "You got me, can we video call? I want to see your pretty face."

     "Stop kidding me."

    "I'm not kidding."

So I turned on the camera and I could see his handsome face.
What did I just call my bestfriend handsome? I said in my mind.
We just talk about stuff for a while then I nervously ask him.

    "Ethan. What if something happens to me at school. What if Xian does something to me?"
     "Cherie, don't go near him, he's just acting friends but he's a total bad boy so beware of him. If he does something to you I won't let that slide. I'll protect you no matter what, so don't be scared."

I nodded.

    "Okay, Ethan. Let's talk more tomorrow, I'm getting hungry so I'll have my dinner. I'll call you later, okay?"
     "Okay, bye," he said before ending the call.

I then went downstairs to have some dinner and saw mom washing the dishes. So I asked.

     "Mom, I'm hungry, what's for dinner?"
     "Oh, Cher, I'll fix you something up just wait for it okay."
     "Okay mom."
     "Ah, Cherie, can you call your dad and sister so we can have dinner."
     "Sure, mom."

I went to dad's room and knocked.

    "Dad, come on, mom is calling you to have dinner with us."
    "Okay, sweetie, I'll be right out."

Then I went to Sunnie's room and knocked on her door.

    "Sunnie, come down, dinner's ready."

So Sunnie went down and we went to the dining table and we ate some chicken and dumplings with rice and beans. For the drinks, mom made us some lemonade.

     "Wow, mom, it looks delicious."
     "Yeah, mom, my mouth is salivating."
    "So am I." Dad said.

We eat our dinner and those are left we put in the fridge. After dinner I went to my room and Sunnie did the same.

After dinner, I went straight into the bathroom of my room and brushed my teeth. Afterwards, I read a few chapters from my book called Love on the road. It's a good love story. Oh right. I told Ethan I would call him. So I dialed his number and he heard his phone ringing and at the second ring he answered it by saying:

    "Hello Cherie, is that you?"
    "Ethan it's me, are you sleeping already?"
    "No, I'm still awake, I'm about to go to bed. How about you?"
    "I'm about to go to sleep too. When I suddenly thought about you."
    "Why, did you think about me?"
    "Because I said I'll call you again after dinner."
     "I see."
    "What are you doing right now?"
    "I'm talking to you and I'm about to drink my warm milk."
    "Oh, I see. Well, then I'll see you tomorrow."
    "Bye, goodnight."
    "Goodnight Cherie," he said as hanged up.

I then laid down on my bed and slowly dozed off to sleep.