~Chapter82~

So I was serving Mrs. Patterson when I heard her say.

     "Cherie, you're such a great cook. I wish you were my daughter-in-law."

I almost choked on my soup when she said that. Then I looked at Ethan. He's as shocked as I was while Jennie doesn't seem bothered by it.
I cannot utter a single word.

There's an awkward silence and I couldn't believe what I just heard. Thankfully, Jennie was there to break the silence.

    "Mom, you should probably rest after eating dinner."
    "Yeah, that food Cherie made for us made me stuffed. I'm going to my room now."

When Mrs. Patterson went to her room. Ethan came near me and said.

     "Cherie, don't take my mom's words too seriously."
     "No, it's okay Ethan. I know your mom she's trying to get us together and that's alright, I know your mom means you well."
     "Hey, Cher, it's getting kind of late. Do you want to sleep over?"
     "That would be nice but I can't. I have school tomorrow and I have to study to prepare myself."
     "Okay. Then I'll see you tomorrow."

I nodded and waved goodbye. As I walked home I saw the lights were dark. Hmm? Maybe Mom decided to sleep early.

I knocked on the door then my sister let me in.

     "Cherie, where have you been?"
     "Oh, I've been at Ethan's place."
     "Why are you there?" She asked as she let me in.
     "Because Daniel beat up Ethan."
     "What really? Why?"

If I tell her the whole story, maybe she'll think I'm crazy so I just said.

     "I don't know."
     "Maybe he's insane?"
     "I don't know why he did that. But maybe because he's jealous of Ethan."
     "Yeah, because you spend so much time with him."
    "If you don't mind I'll go to my room now."
     "Sure, sis, oh by the way have you eaten dinner?"
    "Yes, I have."
     "Okay,"
    "If you don't mind, I'll go to my room."
     "Yeah, sure."

So I go to my room and just plop myself on my bed. Then suddenly my phone rang. I checked who it was and it was Daniel. Why is he calling me at this hour? I answer the call by saying.

     "Yes, Daniel?"
     "Cherie, I'm sorry about what happened with Ethan."
     "You better not do this again 'cause if you do, Ethan's mom will put you in jail and she'll not hesitate to do so. So stop fighting with her son."
     "Okay, Cherie, I will try not to."
     "Don't get jealous, I know you know Ethan and I are best friends and I like him as my best friend and I'll do anything to protect him because he'll do the same for me."
     "But is he not your boyfriend?"
     "I think I have no obligation to answer that."
      "Sorry, So can we meet this Saturday?"
     "Hmm? I have to check my schedule. Good thing I have no homework today. I'll just study formulas later or tomorrow."
     "Okay. Ah, Cherie,"
     "Yes?"
     "Can you come with me to the park this Saturday?"
     "I told you, already Daniel, I'll have to check my schedule first."
     "Oh, okay."

There was silence for a while before I asked a question.

     "By the way, can I bring Sunnie again?"
     "Why, would you bring her?"
     "Because she's my sister."
     "Okay, fine."
     "I have to go, study. Bye Daniel, thanks for the talk." I said and hung up.

I was in my room. I started studying the formulas and after that, I tried to make the formula and thankfully it didn't explode. After studying Science I moved on to math. I made some sample papers and I answered them. An hour has passed and I'm done. I started preparing my things for tomorrow. So I got my bag and started filling it with my notebooks and pens. I yawn. I check the time. It's 10:00 so I washed up quickly and brushed my teeth before going to bed.

In the morning.

Daniel woke up with the sunlight hitting his face at the same time his alarm clock went off. He slowly got up and went to the bathroom and quickly showered. After he did he raped a towel on his body and went out. He then went out of the bathroom and got dressed, he wore his white polo and gray jacket his jeans, and rubber shoes. He went down grabbed an apple from the fridge and headed out. Good thing Leah didn't notice my bruises because I came home late yesterday.

A while later at Sunnie's school

Sunnie was listening to the teacher but she got bored because the teacher was explaining a difficult problem. So she started to scribble on her notepad whatever came to mind. She played with her pencil. She was rolling it back and forth. She wrote down some notes that were written on the board. After the discussion, the class was dismissed and Sunnie got out. She saw Harry and Gigi talking. Then she came near her.

     "What are you guys talking about?" she asked.
     "Nothing, much, but I asked Gigi if she has a partner for the lab tomorrow."
     "Oh, I see, have you guys seen Leo?"
     "Oh, no we haven't."

Just then Nathan came out.

     "Hey, Sunnie, do you want to be my lab partner in Science tomorrow."
     "I'm sorry, Nathan but I'm choosing Leo as my lab partner?"
     "Oh, okay, that's cool."He said.

He likes Sunnie, but he's finding the right time to tell her.

     "Oh, Leo there you are? Say if you don't have a partner yet. Can you pick me up instead please?"

Then Nathan was snapped back to his thoughts.

     "Ah, sure, Sunnie my Sunshine."He said and left.

When Sunnie heard those words from him she was so happy that Leo finally noticed him. While Nathan is looking rather pissed off.

    "Leo, wait."

Leo turned around and smiled and said.

     "Sunnie, come with me tomorrow, I want to show you something."
      "Okay, Leo,"
      "I'll fetch you after class tomorrow."
     "Alright. See you." He said and winked at her.
She swooned. Then walked away. Feeling butterflies inside her stomach. Then she snapped out of it.
Sunnie went with Harry and Gigi afterward while Nathan just followed them.

     "Sunnie, I think Leo likes you?"Gigi said and gave her an exciting look.
     "Really?"She said and smiled.
     "I'm not sure, but how he defended you from Senia before. I'm sure."
     "I'm not falling for it. I want to know myself. That's what I'm going to find out tomorrow after the lab."

She then told Gigi and went off together.