~Chapter90~

I am in our math class. Somehow, listening to Miss Lisa doesn't help the situation. I spoke under my breath. When Ethan asked me to kiss him, why did I agree to it? I just don't understand why I did that. Was it because he loves or was it because I'm falling for him?

Suddenly, I was called to solve a problem. Within a few minutes, I finished the equation. I double checked it and figured that it is the right answer. Ms. Lisa asked me to go back to my seat and told me that I did a good job. At least, solving distracted me from my earlier thoughts.

Am I really in love with my best friend? Or do I pity him because he loves me? To be honest I really don't know what to do. Do I have to accept him as my boyfriend or shall I remain friends with him? I don't know anymore. With a shake of my head, I answered the math problem in my notebook but I'm still distracted with the kiss I shared with my best friend a few minutes ago.

Do I really have feelings for Ethan? But how about Daniel? Who is the one I really love? With a sigh, I shook the thoughts out of my head. In a daze, I kept listening to Miss Lisa before she called me to the board to answer another question. I was so distracted but I still tried to answer the question written on the board. Fortunately, I was able to solve it and I still got the correct answer.

A few minutes later, the class was officially dismissed so I left the classroom. I spotted Marie and Clarie on a bench so I sat beside them.

"Hey, girls,"
"Oh, hey, Cher."
"Why do you look down? Did something happen?"
"Nothing, just exhausted from the dance performance earlier."
"Yeah, and I have a headache from memorizing lots of formulas for the lab."
"Is that so?"
"There's also a test on Monday about the formulas. Ugh, it's exhausting." Marie grumbled in an irritated tone.
"Don't worry. You girls can do it."
"Come on, girls, let's go to the cafeteria and drink something."
"Okay, let's go."

We went to the cafeteria to get some drinks. We went inside and saw Tony beating up someone. Let's see who it is this time. When I saw who it was, my eyes widened in shock it's none other than Daniel. I went up to Tony and told him to stop. But he wouldn't and he said.

"Why would I stop? Cherie? Oh, because you like him? More than me?"
"Yeah, I like him more than you're just a big bully and you're worth nothing more than a loser who can't even get over her ex. Now leave before I call the principal on you. Tony. Get lost."

Tony went away. I rushed to Daniel and held him in my arms.

"Daniel, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I think so." He said, trying to get up.
"Daniel, what happened? Why would Tony beat you up?"
"I was just reading my notes then he started talking about how he wants you back and he'll get rid of anyone who stands in his way. Then he suddenly punched me and we broke into a fight."
"Oh, Daniel, I'm sorry, it turned out this way. Here. Let me help you up and let's go to the clinic."

So I helped him up. He put his arm on my shoulder for support and I walked him to the clinic.

"Thanks, Cher."

Marie and Clarie went in; they just stood there. Then Clarie broke the silence by saying.

"Ah, Cherie, I'll go ahead.
"I'm coming with you Marie, '' Clarie said as she chased her.

Daniel and I are the one's left in the room. Then I said,

"Daniel, you stay here, I'm heading off to my class."
"You're going to leave me here alone."

I shook my head.

"The nurse is here, you're not alone." I said, giving him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'll be back later okay."

He sighed but agreed.

"Okay, see you then."

I went back to the lockers to get my things needed for Science like my notebook and formulas with my notes written on it. Then I headed inside and took a seat next to Mia, a girl in our class. I just paid attention to Miss Lisa to distract myself if Daniel wants me to stay with him. I shook the thoughts out of my head and just focused on listening to Ms. Lisa while she was speaking and discussing different formulas on the board. We wrote what's written on the board and wrote it in my notebook.

A few minutes later, we got dismissed. I went to the canteen hoping that Ethan would show up. I waited there for an hour. When he didn't show up, I decided to check on Daniel in the school clinic. I pushed the door open and let myself in. I saw Daniel still laying in bed with bruises on his face. He was asleep. I sat on the edge of his bed. I looked at his face. Why is the nurse not doing her job? I guess I have to treat him myself. I got a cotton swab and put some ointment on it before gently dabbing it on his bruised skin. Then he fluttered his eyes open and saw me.

There was a silence between us. I broke it by saying:

"Oh, you're awake."
"Yeah," he said, trying to get up.
"Just lay down, Daniel."
"Are you okay, Daniel, how are you feeling?"
"I'm fine. Did you treat my wounds?"
"Ah, yeah, I noticed the nurse didn't treat it earlier."
"Oh, I see. Thank you."
"I'll see you tomorrow. I have to call Ethan. I didn't see him all day."

When I was walking towards the door. Daniel grabbed my hand. I turn around and look at him.

"Cherie, don't go. Then he pulled me into an embrace."
"Just stay with me for a while please."
"Daniel, I can't stay with you. I have to go home."
"You can go home later."

I sighed. I can't just leave him like this. Ugh, I must go find Ethan now. When I was about to leave again, he pulled my wrist. Suddenly, he was on top of me. Oh my god, what's happening?

"Cherie, I fell in love with you from the moment I saw you."

My ears are ringing of what he said. I stood up and rushed out of there. My face is crimson red. When I hear those words my heart throbbing hardly and I don't even know what to do of this kind of feeling? I went to the bathroom to calm myself down. I turned on the faucet and splashed water on my face. After a few minutes, I took my things from my locker and shook the thoughts out of my head. Is Daniel in love with me? Or he's just saying that to confuse me. Ugh! I don't know what to think now. With a deep sigh, I put my stuff on my backpack except for the ones I don't need. Just then, I saw Marie and Clarie went out.

"Hey, girls. I'm heading home are your classes done."
"Yeah," they both said.
"Come on."

Then we went home. Upon reaching my house, I saw Ethan on the porch waiting for me.