~Chapter60~

I went to my locker to grab my science notebook, book and my goggles before I headed to the science lab.

    "Oh, Cherie, you're just in time.  I was going to say the pairings. Diana and Rosey, Paul and Nick, Stella and Mira, Daniel and Gio, and Harris and Cherie. You'll be with the partner I mentioned for this activity."

I saw Daniel staring at me. I just smiled at him. Then I remembered how he kissed me just the other day. I was distracted but I pulled myself together and ignored what I'm feeling and focused on the formula. I then followed the directions to make the formula. In order to make the rain grass scent, we need to mix the blue vial to the green vial and some more leaves to do the trick. We mixed it then it suddenly exploded.

    "Cherie, are you okay?" Harris said to me.
    "Yeah, let's try it again, I'll help you this time." he said to me.
     "Okay,"  so we mix the blue vial and the green vial and put exactly five leaves then two and half spoon water then stir to combine. We saw it change to a different color and slowly harden. I smiled.
     "Thanks, Harris, you saved me from my mistake." I said and gave him a friendly hug. He patted my back and pulled away from the hug. I smiled at him.
     "Thanks, for saving me."
     "Your welcome Cherie."
     "Hey, Har."

He turned back and said,

     "Yes?"
     "Do you want me to buy you ice cream?"
     "For what?"
     "For saving me earlier in the lab."
     "Of course!"

So Cherie and Harris went to a nearby ice cream shop and I asked.

     "What flavor do you want?"
     "I like coffee with chocolate chips please."
     "I'll have the Strawberry Peppermint flavor."
     "Here you go."
     "That will be one dollar and seventy five cents."

So I took my wallet out and paid for the ice cream.

     "Thanks for treating me, Cherie."
     "It's no problem, you helped me earlier at the lab so you deserve it."

Then he remembered Jennie. Maybe I can ask her if she knows something. While we were walking Harris then asked,

     "Cherie, do you know Jennie?"
     "Yeah, why?"
     "Well, I heard she's in the States with her brother."
     "No, Harris, Jennie and his brother Ethan are here in Burgess."
     "What? Ethan is Jennie's brother?"
     "Yes. What's wrong."
     "Ah, Cherie I have to go, see you again and thanks for the ice cream." He said before rushing off.
     "What's up with him?" I said as I shrugged my shoulders. I'm sure he's fine, but why does he seem so shocked. Tsk. I sighed as I shook my head and took the bus to get home.

Later.

Daniel had finished his Science class and he remembered what happened earlier. He saw Cherie hug Harris and he got jealous. Ahh. Cherie, why do you keep on hurting my heart? Don't you know I love you? He was at the lockers just standing and got his hands on his face. Then he saw Harris coming near him.

     "Hey, Daniel, where's Gio?"

He didn't answer and just ignored him.

    "Ah, Daniel, is there a problem?"
    "No, it's nothing." he said, acting coldy.
    "Then why are you so irritated?"
    "It's nothing." he said.
    "Wait, are you angry because you saw Cherie hug me earlier, is that it?"
    "Actually yes, I saw you two hugging."
    "Are you jealous?"
    "No, of course not. Why would I be?"
    "It's not what you think. Cherie only gave a friendly hug because I saved her from making the formula explode and that being said she bought me ice cream too. I also asked her if she knew Jennie so she told me about her."
    "Is that so."
    "Yes."
    "Look, you should learn how to control your jealousy because it might eat you up."
    "How?"
    "Remember the time when you got jealous you even punched Cherie's best friend, Cherie got mad at you?"
    "Yeah."
    "Well, it's the same situation here. Stop being jealous cause Cherie is not even your girlfriend and now you're acting this way?"
    "You're right. I'm sorry Harris, I guess my emotions really got the best of me."
    "It's okay and just to let you know I don't have feelings for Cherie because it's her best friend that I like okay?"
    "Okay."
    "So I'll see you later."
    "See you."

In the higher level.

     "Hey, I can't stop thinking about that little girl?"
     "Ah, will you please stop." Myline said.
     "Why, are you jealous because Xian here has a crush on the little girl?"
     "Of course not, I know Xian loves me."
     "It doesn't seem like it."
     "What did you say?" she said, grabbing his collar.
     "N-nothing."
     "That's what I thought."
     "Xian, I'm good at playing badminton too."
     "No, you're not, he scoffed. You cannot even serve right. You're only good at cheerleading," he said.
     "I want to know her and I must have her for fun."
     "Xian, you don't need her, you have me already."
     "I have it with you already, what more do you want?" He shouted frustrated.
     "So, you'll be happy if you did it with her and not me?"
     "Yeah, I mean she's so much younger than you."
     "Wow, I can't believe what I'm hearing, you're seriously one f******a****** I've ever met. You're so disgusting!" She left feeling disgusted.

There was silence before someone broke it with a question.

     "So, what's your plan?"
     "I plan to trick her. I'll be a good boy and be close to her and once I do. Bam, baby! She'll be mine for good."
     "Xian, I don't think this is right I mean yeah, she's beautiful and all but how about her age, I don't know about you but looks to me that she's not even eighteen yet."
     "Who cares? Besides, she'll never know what hit her."
     "You take pictures of her without her knowing and then send them to me."
     "Okay, dude."
     "You'll soon be mine, little girl." He closed the lockers and went to his class.

I went back to my lockers and put my books in there and looked at the picture of Ethan and I when we were still kids. We were so cute back then. I still remember that he is always there to protect me from my bullies. I said as my mind wandered off. I snapped out of it. The bell rang and classes were over. So I went to the courtroom to play some badminton. I went in there and I saw the guy that I played badminton with. He's all alone. So I went in and grabbed the racket.

     "Hey, want to play just one round?"
     "Sure." he said and picked up his racket. With a smile, he said, "You ready, little girl?"
     "Bring it on big boy." I said.

So he served and I ran to catch it and he was running to catch it and he hit it then I ran to catch it and I did. Afterwards, he failed to catch it.

     "Better luck next time."

He smiled.

     "Wow, you're really good. How do you learn how to play like that?"

     "My best friend taught me how to." I said.

I sat down at the bench to rest. He sat down beside me and asked me.

     "How old are you, what's your name?"

I can feel something is not right. Maybe if I told him. He would do something unpleasant. I can feel it. So I just said.

     "Ah, I better go. I just stopped by to play for a while. See you again." I said as I left him.
     "Okay, see you later little girl."
     "Yeah, later big boy."

So I went back to my lockers to get my towel and started to wipe myself with it. Then Marie and Clarie saw me and asked me.

     "Where have you been?"
     "Oh, I've been at the college level, I played with that guy again."
     "Is that so?"
     "Yeah, and I think something's off with that guy. But whatever it is, I just hope it's nothing."
     "Are you done with your classes?"
     "Yeah, I just finished just now."
     "How about you Marie?"
     "Yeah, I'm done."
     "Great, come on, let's go home."
     "Okay, see you guys."
     "Yeah, okay."

So we took the bus and I got home. I said goodbye to my friends and went in.

Ethan was walking when he saw me.