~Chapter41~

In the morning.

Ethan woke up and remembered that just a few days ago, he kissed his best friend and even confessed his feelings for her. What else must he do to make Cherie love him? While he was thinking by himself, he heard a knock on the door.

      "Who is it?"
      "Ethan come down and eat." Jennie said to him.
      "Okay. Just a minute."

He fixed his bed and fluffed up the pillows. Afterwards, he folded the blanket before going to the bathroom and took a quick shower then he took out his red T-shirt and blue jeans and his black rubber shoes and wore them. Then, he went to the mirror to check himself before going downstairs. He saw his sister but there was no sign of his mom. So he asked.

     "Hey, sis. Where's mom?"
     "Oh, her? She's already at work."
     "This early?"

     "She said she got a lot of work to do."
     "Okay, then."

After thinking for a while, Ethan asked his sister.

     "Hey, why are you not ready for school yet?
     "Oh, I told the teacher that I will not go today."
     "Why not?"
     "I have my own reasons. So enjoy school and I'll see you later."
     "Yeah, okay. Bye, then."

And so, Ethan left.

It was at that time when Jennie remembered a memory.

She was in the mall when a man tried to snatch her bag, the good thing was, somebody came to help her. I can't remember his face but I know him. He's a good person and he helped me once. I wish I could see him again. I didn't even get to know his name. Ahh but whoever you are, I hope you are doing well. Jennie thought to herself as she laid in her bed.

Meanwhile.

I woke up, feeling sleepy because I got so tired yesterday because of the camp out. We had so much fun. I smiled just thinking about it. So I got up and went to take a quick shower when I was done I blow dried my hair, then wore my pink tank top and my white skirt then my pink and white rubber shoes. I went downstairs to see mom making breakfast and dad is watching the news.

     "Good morning, mom, dad."
     "Hi sweetie good morning, come and have some breakfast."
     "What's for breakfast?"
     "I made some eggs and pancakes with strawberry jam and I also made you and your sister some hot chocolate."
     "Hmm, looks, delicious mom,"
     "Sunnie, breakfast is ready."
     "Okay, I'll be right there,'' she said and quickly went down.

Sunnie went down and she joined us for breakfast.

     "Bye, mom I'll see you later."
     "Yeah, I'll see you later have a great day."
     "I will mom, thanks. Bye."
     "Sunnie, what time does your class start?"
     "At twelve o'clock.  Why mom?"
     "Oh it's nothing,"
     "Just study a bit in your room and rest."
     "Okay, mom thanks."

I then walked to the school bus. I waited for the bus to arrive and when it came so I quickly got in. I saw Daniel sitting by the window so I decided to sit with him. I just ignored him because he punched my best friend yesterday and I'm still angry at him for doing what he did.

He stared at me and said.

     "Cherie, I'm sorry for yesterday."
     "It's not enough Daniel."
     "Then what do you want me to do?"
     "Well, for starters you can apologize to Ethan."
     "What?"
     "It's your fault if you hadn't punched him in the first place."

     "But Cherie, I saw him with another girl."
     "That girl is her sister. Now her sister is traumatized because she saw the whole thing."

     "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know. Cherie please forgive me."
     "Apologize to Ethan first."
     "Ugh! Fine, I will." He said in defeat.
     "Don't talk to me. I'm still mad at you for punching my best friend." I couldn't sleep so I just looked out the window. I can't believe Daniel would do something like that.

After a while, I got off the bus and went inside the school. I saw Marie and Clarie are waiting for me. I went near them and went inside the school we to our lockers and I asked them.

      "What's your first subject?" I asked the girls.
     "Mine is English."
     "P.E."
     "I have Science."
     "Okay, then, I'll see you during lunch time."
     "Yeah, okay."

After Cherie left, her friends talked to each other.

     "Hey, Marie does Cherie seem weird to you?"
     "How so?"

     "Never mind, let's go ask her later.
     "Okay."

I went to my English class and sat down next to a girl but I don't know her name. I just ignore my angry feeling and listen to the teacher. After an hour of English the bell rang. It's already snack time. I went to the canteen to see Marie and Clarie so I decided to join them.

     "Oh, here she is, Cherie over here Marie and Clarie said to me.

So I went to their table and talked about what happened with Ethan and Daniel yesterday.

      "Marie, Clarie, did you know Daniel punched Ethan on the face yesterday?"
     "Did he really?"
     "Yes, even I was shocked, Jennie was the hamost shocked because she witnessed it all. Good thing Jennie called me and I saw it and stopped them from fighting.
     "I can't stop worrying about Ethan? I hope he's okay."
     "Daniel is just like Tony, they don't trust me enough."

     "Cherie, don't mind them. I'm sure everything will be okay."
     "I hope so."
     "I don't want to see Daniel for a while. He's the reason why my best friend got hurt."
      "Are you sure you can do that?"
     "Of course, I told Daniel to apologize to Ethan so I will forgive him. But I don't know if he's going to do it?"
      "Come on, girls, let's get to the next class."

Daniel went to class feeling miserable because Cherie won't talk to him for punching her best friend. Now he regrets it. Cherie won't even talk to me. That's what I can't stand the most. If only I had not let my emotions eat me up. I would have not let this happen. I hate myself for being this way.

While I was sitting and thinking Harris came up to me and said.

     "Hey, Daniel. Is there something wrong?"

     "Yeah, bud, you don't look so well."
      "I'll tell you later."

Then, a girl with brown hair approached him.

    "Hi," she said.

He looked back and said.

     "Oh, you're that girl who gave me an umbrella."

     "Yeah, can I have it back now?"
     "I'll bring it tomorrow and give it to you."
     "No need, but I see you're having troubles with Cherie, eh."

     "Wait, how did you know?"
     "I know everything, Daniel."
     "But who are you?"
     "That's not important. Let's just say I'm helping you with Cherie." She then said and left.

     "Daniel who are you talking to?"
     "It's nothing. Come on, let's go."

So we went to our last class. And minutes later the bell rang and school was over. He saw Cherie with her friends. He came near her and tapped her.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Daniel there.

     "What?" I said and crossed my arms.
     "Aren't you going to teach me math?"
     "Can't you learn on your own? Come on girls." I said and left with my friends.

     "I guess Cherie is still mad at me." He said to himself.

I went home but first I'll check on Ethan if he's okay. I went next door and rang the doorbell.