~Chapter12~

In the morning~
I woke up feeling lethargic because yesterday I stayed up in school just to find my lipstick that Grandma gave me. I hope I'll find it today before Grandma comes this weekend. Ugh. Why did I even lose in the first place? I don't know where else to look except Daniel's house. Maybe I somehow dropped it there. But if I dropped it there, Daniel should have given it to me yesterday. I don't know. After thinking for a while, I stood up and  went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I wore my blue uniform this time, and I put a blue hair clip on my hair. Then I got down and saw mom and dad talking. 
    “Hi, good morning, mom.”
    “Oh, hi, sweetie.”
    “Come on, it's still early. I'll help you find your lipstick.”
    “Thanks, mom,”

Mom and I searched the whole living room. We even checked under the couch and behind the TV, but we hadn't found it. I sighed sadly. 

     “Come on, honey, cheer up. I'm sure you'll find it. Now come on, I made some toast and bacon for breakfast, just eat first."
     “Thanks mom.” I said as I hugged her.”
      She pulled away. “Now come on, eat up before you go,"

I sat and ate my food and drank some water afterward.

     “Thanks, mom, for the yummy breakfast. If you don't mind, I'll go ahead. I don't want to be late for school.”
     “Okay, sweetie, have fun, I'll call you when I find your lipstick, okay?”
     “Awe, thank you, mom.”
     “Now go before you get late.”

So I went out and walked to the bus stop. Then Ethan saw me. 
     “Cherie.”
     “Hey, Ethan.”
I sighed.
    “Cherie, is there a problem?”
    “No, it's nothing.”
    “Are you sure? It's nothing because I really feel there's something bothering you.”
    “Okay, I'll tell you.”
     “I'm all ears.”
    “Alright, I've misplaced my lipstick that my grandma gave me.”
     “What? That's awful.”
     “Yeah, I know, my mom is looking  for it at the house.” I said as I sighed.
     “Don't worry if you like. I'll help you find it later after school.”
     “That be great. You would do that for me?”
     “Of course, I'll help you.” Because I have feelings for you, Cherie. I like you.” he said in his mind.
     “Hey, Ethan, are you okay?”
     “Yeah, oh look, your bus is here.”
     “Okay, I'll see you later at the house.”
     “Sure, okay, now go before you get late.”
     “Oh, yeah, bye. I said as I got in. 

I went on the bus and I didn't see Daniel again. Maybe he's running late. So I stared at the window. As the bus drove, it started to rain. I wish I had an umbrella. The bus stopped, but it's not my stop. The people with their umbrellas got down. Unfortunately, I don't have one because I didn't expect to rain. The bus stopped again, and it's my stop. So I slowly got down the bus carefully so I wouldn't slip because of the rain water. 

I went down carefully, but I still slipped, and I almost fell, but someone helped me by grabbing my hands, and he broke my fall. I look up to see Daniel's eyes on me. He helped me regain my balance, and he stood me up. 
     “Are you okay?” He asked me with a gentle voice.
     “Yeah, thanks, Daniel. By the way, I'm sorry for yesterday. Because I didn't teach math after class because I lost something very important to me.”
     “Oh, that's okay.”
    “Okay, then so I'll see around.” I said and went in. 

Then Daniel's friends Gio and Harris happen to see him there. They went near him and said. 
   “Hey, Daniel.” 
Then he snapped out of it.
    “Are you okay? Daniel?”
   “Yeah, what are you looking at?” They asked.

They look at what Daniel's looking at and see that it's Cherie. 
     “Hey, didn't you give that lipstick to Cherie yet?”
     “No, not yet?”
     “Why not?”
He gulped a lump in his throat. Harris sighed, and Gio looked confused before saying. 

     “Just tell us, okay?”
     “Yeah man, maybe we can help you?”
     “Fine,” he said in defeat.
     “Okay, tell us.”
     “Do you think she'll be mad at me for not giving this to her?"
     “No, why do you think that?”
     “Because I haven't given this back to her since I found it.”
     “Hey, it's not your fault if your classes with Cherie don't match. 
     “And it's not your fault either why she didn't show up yesterday.”
     “She said she has to find something important to her.”
     “Maybe she's talking about her lipstick.”
     “I don't know, maybe?”
     “Look just give it to her, alright?”
     “Okay, maybe I will. Later, when she teaches me math.”
     “And maybe tell her how you feel?”
     “I don't know about this?”
     “Oh come on, don't be nervous.”
He sighed 
     “Okay I'll try?”
     “Alright, see you later.”

Then he went to his physics class and listened to Mr. Bobby. He wrote something on the board, and they copied it and answered it. After an hour of physics, they got dismissed. He saw Cherie talking with her friends and decided to approach them. But he can see Cherie is busy and looking high and low for something.
     “Come on, Daniel, just give it to her."

Daniel approaches Cherie, but the bell rang, and classes were over. He saw Cherie leaving and saying goodbye to her friends, and she disappeared in his sight.

Classes are over, so I went to the school bus and got in. I went home still empty-handed. I sighed. I have to find that lipstick tomorrow before the weekend gets here. 

Daniel went home instead because he didn't catch Cherie earlier to give her lipstick. I'll ask my friends to give it to her. I hope Gio and Harris will agree to this. Someone knocked on his door. 

     “Come in,” he said as he opened the door.

He opened the door to see Nathan. Nathan came into his room and asked. 

     “Daniel, did you see my lip balm?”
     “Lip balm? Nathan, you're not gay are you?”
     “No, why would you say that? By the way, have you seen it?”
     “No, but I do have a problem with this lipstick?”
     “Why, what's wrong with it? It looks fine to me?”He asked as he searched for it. 
     “Because it's Cherie's lipstick.”
      “What? So why not give it back to her?”
     “I can't.”
     “Why not it hers? isn't it?”
     “It is. But I'm afraid if I give this back to her, she'll thank me, and there's nothing left?”
     “What do you mean, Daniel?”
     “I mean, if I give this back to her, there's nothing else. This lipstick is the only thing that binds me to Cherie?”

     “Meaning to say is you have a crush on Cherie the start, don't you?”
      “No,”
     “If you don't have a crush on her, then give her lipstick back? Oh, I found it. I must've dropped it when I was in your room yesterday coloring my book.”

He sighed. Nathan noticed him and asked.
    “What's wrong?”
    “I just told you?”
    “Cherie won't look for it if it's not hers. Look, if you don't have the courage to give it to her, why don't you ask your friends to help you?”
     “I was thinking about that yesterday.”
     “May I go now?”
     “Okay, thanks, Nathan.”
     “No problem, big bro.”
     “Maybe I'll give it tomorrow. It's already getting late. He said as he laid on his bed and dozed off to sleep.