~Chapter93~

I was waiting for the girls to meet me by the lockers. I walked towards to check if Ms. Margaret is there. I went to the classroom and saw that the students are waiting for the teacher to arrive so I did the same.

I hope Tony won't be here today. He's just so toxic. I can't handle him anymore. He's so whiny all the time. I sighed, and just then, I noticed that Miss Margaret is absent. That explains why my classmates are leaving the room. With a subtle smile, I left the room with them. I called Ethan and told him to pick me up.

Just then, Marie and Clarie showed up. I went to my locker to put my things in. Then, I asked them.
      "Are you already finished with your classes?"
      "I still have my last class which is music."
      "Oh, me too," Clarie said. "How about you Cher?"
      "I'm done with my classes. My Values class got postponed because Ms. Margaret was absent. I'll see you guys later, I'm going to meet Ethan now."
     "Ah, okay, sure. See you later," Marie said while Clarie waved goodbye.

Then, I looked for Ethan. Maybe he's still on the rooftop, I thought. So, I climbed the stairs and saw that he's still there.

     "Ethan," I called him.
He turned around and saw me. He smiled.
     "Oh, Ethan. What are you still doing here?"
He smiled and said.
     "Waiting for you?"
All of a sudden, the sky darkened and raindrops started to pour down.

Surprisingly, the drizzle did not touch my skin.
I looked up and saw that Ethan was covering me with an umbrella. Without knowing my actions, I suddenly tiptoed and kissed him. I don't know why I did that but...

After a while, I pulled away. But, he pulled me once again for another kiss. We made out for a while before slowly pulling away. We stared into each other's eyes. Just then, he spoke.

    "Cherie. Do you accept being my girl now?"

I was stunned, not knowing how to answer. I want to, but part of me knows that it's wrong. I still love someone else and it's not still clear to me who shall I choose.

I snapped out of my reverie and said.
     "Ethan, please give me more time to figure my thoughts out."
He sighed and said.
     "Don't worry. I'll wait for you."
     "Thanks for being understanding, Ethan. Come on, let's grab something to eat."
     "Okay, what do you want to eat?"
     "I want ramen since it rained earlier."
     "Sure, Cher, let's go."

We went to the main hall. I went to my lockers. Out of nowhere, Marie and Clarie appeared.
     "Hey, Cherie," they both said.
I flinched at the sudden call. I looked back and saw them. With a smile, I said.
     "Duletjana?" (You startled me.)
     "Mian Mian." (Sorry.)
     "Oh, how did you know I was speaking in Korean?"
     "We both watch K-dramas too, girl."
      "Oh, yeah. Sorry about that."
      "By the way, where's Ethan? I thought he was with you?"
     "I don't where he went, but I'm sure he's just around."
     "Oh, we see. I'll see you at school. Bye."
     "Yeah, sure. See you!"

I went around to find Ethan and I saw him in the cafeteria buying some water. I went near him.
     "Ethan, I thought you already left."
     "No, I just got thirsty so I bought some water." He said before taking a sip from the bottle.
     "Come on, Cherie. Let's go to the restaurant now."
      "Okay."

We walked to his car and he opened the door for me. I went in and he closed it before he went to the driver's seat. After buckling the seatbelt, he started to drive. He looked at me through the rear view mirror and said.
     "Cherie, put your seatbelt on." He said.
So, I strapped on my seatbelt as he watched me. With a smile, he drove off. A few minutes later, I can feel someone shaking me.
      "Cherie, are you here with me?"
      "Oh, yeah sure. Just got lost for moment there. Have we reached already?"
      "Yeah, we're here already." He said before dragging me out of the car.

Then, we went in. He pulled out a chair for me and assisted me. He's such a gentleman. Without knowing, a warm smile crept on my lips. So, I sat there and watched him sit in front of me. He called the waiter so we could order.
     "One ox bone soup please."
     "How about you, sir?"
     "I'll have the beef noodle soup and fried wonton balls."
     "How about drinks, ma'am?"
     "I'll have a strawberry shake."
     "How about you, sir?"
     "Water will be fine."
     "Okay, I'll be right back."
The waiter then left.

We talked for a while. So I asked.
     "Ethan, what do you like about me?"
He smiled and said.
     "I like everything about you."
      "I mean why do you like me?"
      "Well, you're smart, pretty, caring, and considerate. What I like about you most is your honesty with yourself."
      "Oh, Ethan. I'm not as great as you think I am."
      "Why do you say that?"
      "You know that I also like someone else."
       "To be honest, I can't control what I'm feeling for you ever since were kids. I didn't do anything before because you might not understand it yet. But I'm saying it again. I love you and I can't help myself not to fall for you. You like me too, right?"
     "Yeah, Ethan, I do know. You like me. But I can't completely understand the feeling yet."
     "I don't expect you to answer me now. But I hope that you will one day."
     "I understand, Ethan. Don't worry."
     "Come on, I'll take you home. I'll just get the car."
     "Okay," I said and smiled at him.
So, he got the car and drove it towards me. He went down to open the car door for me. I went in and he closed the door before going to the driver's seat. After more preparation, we took off.

A few minutes later.
Ethan was driving and he looked at her. He smiled. Cherie fell asleep. He stopped the car. Then he moved closer to caress her face. I wish you were mine, he thought to himself as he tucked a strand behind her ear. Just then, her eyes fluttered open.

I was startled awake. I looked around and asked.
    "Are we here?"
    "Yes, we are. You're home."

I got down the car and turned around.
     "Ethan, would you like to walk me to my doorstep?"
     "I'd be happy to."

And so, the two of us walked together in silence. Upon reaching the door, he smiled and said.
    "Well, you should go in."
I kissed him on the cheek and said goodnight before entering the house.

It was indeed a good night.