~Chapter74~

Leah went to Daniel's room and closed the door. She noticed that he seemed to be different so she asked.

"Daniel, Sweetie what's the matter?"

"Well, remember the day when I said I'm going to the movies."

"Yes, I remember."

"Well, Cherie was watching the movie and she fell asleep so I let her rest on my shoulder. We were like that until Cherie told me to stop because she was getting dizzy. So we stopped veering her head. After a while, I offered her some popcorn then I held her hand. We intertwined our fingers together. It felt so good that I didn't want to let go. I felt an electric shock when our hands touched, but she let go. On top of that she goes out with her best friend, who is now my friend."

Leah listened to Daniel patiently. After a while, she asked.

"Wait? You're already on good terms with her best friend?"

"I guess I was wrong about him. Cherie's right. He's not that bad once you get to know him better."

"Yeah, so?"

"Leah, what am I going to do?" he said, ruffling his hair out of frustration.

"About, what dear?"

"How will I tell Cherie that I like her?"

"Well, can you just tell her how you feel?"

"I did I even kissed her in front of her ex."

"What? You did?"

"And I even told her I like her but she thought I was joking. What am I going to do?"

"If that's not getting attention you can try to take her somewhere special like the school rooftop or somewhere only you know?"

"Okay.. Wait, should I give something to her?"

"Of course, you cannot go empty handed."

Daniel thought for a while, but he couldn't decide by himself.

"Well, what should I give to her then?"

"For starters, what do you want to give her?"

"How about a necklace, you buy her a necklace."

"But, I don't have any money and I can't treat her anyway?"

"Hmm, this is going to be hard, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

"I know, how about you give her my necklace."

"Leah, I can't take your necklace."

"Why not come on?"

"Cause it's shameful of me to accept it."

"Why not? You're like my son anyway so just accept it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, and if my son was here, he'd be like you."

"Where, is your son anyway, Leah?"

"I don't know, I gave him up for adoption and I'm not sure if he'll remember me."

"I don't mean to pry but why did you give your son up for adoption?

"Back then, I didn't have enough money to raise him on my own but seeing you grow that you are today reminds me of him so much."

Not long after, Leah burst into tears as she remembered her son.